January '24 One Monthly Goal: Here We Go!


My new year is off to a great start already.
and then I jumped in on my plans for the year ahead.
I'm a fairly accountable quilter so I first made a list of any
"unfinished business" before I chose a whole bunch of quilts that
I'm excited about making--thus creating my 2024's List of Goals.

I've already been working in other areas like for my house and
health but with family around, I've stayed out of the sewing room
for days, which feels a little weird but I'm sure it was good for me.
Today house fell silent again <sniff> so it's time to head on up.


Stories From the Sewing Room's has kicked off the first
 One Monthly Goal of the year so today I'm linking up.


With UFO's at the top of my list that is my focus.
 I'm making a second of the flannel quilt above (teaser pic).
When I made one last summer (pretty hot for working with flannel!),
I had extra fabric from the layer cake so I cut out as much as I could
 for a second, counting on a little extra yardage and scraps to fill in.
I've since picked up more fabric so I think I'm good to go; besides,
now is a much better time of the year to work on this one.
The pattern is from MSQC but I'll share that info along with
pics of my finished super-cozy quilt in a few weeks.

Happy quilting!

Comments

Kate said…
Starting with a UFO for 2024 is a good start. Sounds like you've got most of the hard prep work done, so fingers crossed this one comes together easily. Happy 2024!
chrisknits said…
Good luck with your goal, I am sure you will make it. Now if I could just motivate myself to quilt that last row of blocks and last border on the frame, I would be a happy quilter! Except then I have to do th binding on a king sized quilt. Eek! LOL
Linda said…
If I want to see accomplished goals, I know I'll find them on your blog - lol! I look forward to seeing another pretty Cabin(?) quilt.
Home Sewn By Us said…
Go Cheree, go Cheree, go Cheree! Great job kicking off the new year with a UFO that you can wrap up in no time. Looking forward to seeing all the details! Those teaser shots sure look pretty. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne