2024 Tuesday To Do #2: Snow Day Sew Days


Winter is in full swing around here.  We've had some beautiful
snow and the weekend ahead is sending us to low single digits.
But it's okay!  A quilter is always ready for winter!

One view from my sewing room

It's time to link up!
Tuesday To-Do

 Last week I shared a year's worth of to-do's but completely
missed setting any for week 1.  Nothing wrong with
starting out with an "open" week though, is there? 😉


Flannel quilt #2 is moving right along; the trees are next.

The pattern, Into the Woods, is found in MSQC's BLOCK ('22 Vol 9 Is 5)
but if you don't subscribe, just go for just the single pattern.  There are
problems in the book with directions.  (I'm happy to fill you in there.)
Note that the trees require a template so grab that while you're at it.

Other things have been going on so that's all I have to report
from the sewing room. My Pfaff is in for its yearly tune-up so
it's questionable how much sewing I'll do in the week ahead.

Other goals:

Health
I have hit the treadmill every day but one (took a rest day).
Starting out slow but increasing as I go.  I'm currently
doing 35 mins with (5) 1:30+ jogging increments in there.
I increased the last jog increment today to 3 mins but that left
 my back unhappy so perhaps just walking tomorrow.  I am
sure enjoying the jogs but I'll have to be patient somehow!

Simplify
My goal is to get rid of at least one thing every day but I think I've
already topped 100 items.  I'm in the zone and already starting
see cleaner and more organized spaces.

24 Worthwhile Reads in 24
Working on multiple goals at once is awesome.  The treadmill
time and sewing have given me a lot of time to read.


My latest read is The Last Green Valley by Mark Sullivan, a true
story taking place during WWII.  You can follow the link for
the info but I couldn't put it down (a bit of a rarity these days).
It could be a little tough to stomach for some but the message
that God is always at work, even in the toughest moments, is
prominent and you'll be moved to tears by the end.  It definitely
qualifies as a 2024 Worthwhile Read so 1 down, 23 to go.

The goal for next week is just to continue on with the flannel quilt
and come up with a name.   I'm crazy about Woolies flannel so
I'm thinking about Flannel Woods...


Happy quilting!

Comments

the book is available as a kindle unlimited so just loaded it to my kindle thanks for mentioning it. That snow looks pretty - we are to get the arctic cold in a couple more days
Linda said…
The snowy winter photos are beautiful! I like to read on the treadmill too, plus we have a little TV above it, and I like to do YouTube videos of walking or jogging through Switzerland and other places. That way I have lots of distraction and ways to make the time go faster - lol!
piecefulwendy said…
Your view out your window is what we should be seeing at this time of year, but we barely have any snow on the ground. Hope you are tucked in and cozy (I know you are). You have some fun quilt projects in the works. Thanks for the book recommendation!
Home Sewn By Us said…
Howdy Cheree! New week with an open slate for what to work on. I love it! Your sewing room views are spectacular. I just LOVE to watch it snow and snow and snow, especially now that I do not have to go out at all. I don't often use flannels although why not, I couldn't say. I have a drawer full of them - either use them or send them to someone who will, I think. Organizing! I am over the moon happy with our sewing room! That cleaning jag led to my bedroom and the living room being focused on from top to bottom. Thanks, also, for the book recommendation. I will check it out - I love historical books whether fiction or non-fiction. {{Hugs}} a bunch - take care of that back!! ~smile~ Roseanne
chrisknits said…
I need to get a flannel quilt in my life, I do so love sleeping under flannel sheets! But then, maybe I should work on the quilts I already have in progress?
We loved The Last Green Valley! Also his previous book, Beneath a Scarlet Sky, is also really good. Another WWII story - based on a true story, too. Pretty snow views at your place!
Kate said…
We just got a dusting of snow out of that last storm, it was gone by noon. Good luck with the health goals, it does get harder as we get older, you have to watch your back and knees so much more. Good luck with this week's goals.
Carol Andrews said…
Hi Cheree. I think your subconscious led you to have a week with no goals. Sometimes you just need that break to plan, enjoy each day and above all relax (especially over-achievers like you 😉). I hope this week was as enjoyable and as productive as you wish. Love the flannel quilt. Thank you for linking with TDT 🤗
dq said…
A book, a quilt, and a snow day - sounds like they all belong together. Your winter wonderland is beautiful!