Week 36 Tuesday To-Do: Fallishly Fun Choices

A happy First Tuesday of September to you all!
Please join us over at  Quilt Schmilt's Tuesday To-Do 
and let's review the progress we've made.

While Lucey visited her homeland, I took it a little easier
for a week or so--including skipping last Tuesday's post.
(She is back, just not put onto her frame yet.)
So today I'm reviewing two [rather unproductive] weeks:

* * * Last 2 Weeks' Priority * * *
Finish Cross & Crown top and back; name


Not done but lots of progress.  "Barberry Bramble" is almost
a finished top (more than in pic).  Just a few more rows need
sashing and then it'll be time to join them together.  It took up
 the majority of my 2 weeks with its endless piecing but I really
enjoyed how the blocks went together--all 57 of them.
(The extra block will go on the back, or into a pillow)

Other To-Do's

2) Finish Simply Pumpkin top & backing
ON HOLD
Make label.
Not done.

3) Quilt Fair Isle Friends, bind & label
ON HOLD
Just make label.
Not done.

4) Bonus Item: make a big ol' pivot and
just do something fallishly fun just for my home



I was eyeing that little wall hanging that I shared
last time but I opted to take my 2 extra blocks from
Simply Pumpkin and turn them into pillow covers.


I recently purchased these 2 pillows that I fell in love with
instantly and felt the pumpkins would bring everything
together to create a nice cozy fallishly fun setting in our
living room.


I also pulled out this little kit and got a small start.
This will be my evening stitching for now.

When you almost exclusively sew for others and/or for work,
I think it's really important to occasionally fit in projects
for your own home.  Having these little treasures out
around the house keep me motivated.

* * * Week 36 Priority * * *
Quilt Simply Pumpkin & finish

2)  Quilt Fair Isle Friends; label and finish

3) Finish Barberry Bramble top; quilt, label and finish

4) Finish pumpkin pillows

Short and sweet, that's it for me this week. 
Happy quilting!

Comments

Yes, make sure you do things for yourself, too. Cute projects.
Shelly said…
So many great projects! I'm ready for fall, too.
Your pumpkins are adorable, Cheree! I agree that you should make things for your own home from time to time - that keeps the joy in the process. Hope Lucey is all better!
Helenchaffin said…
You've got a great start on projects,luv the pumpkins,I make things for my home too
Cross and Crowns is looking amazing, Cheree and the pumpkin blocks are adorable. Super cute Buttermilk Basin project; I can not wait to see your progress on it. Have a great week and Happy quilting.
Kate said…
Those pumpkin blocks are really cute. Good luck with your to do list this week. Enjoy your for fun projects.
Home Sewn By Us said…
Hi Cheree! I'm sorry Lucey had to visit her homeland, but it did make me giggle over your wording. It was a nice and very quick visit. Sometimes family isn't all it's cracked up to be. I was just thinking about you yesterday and the beautiful blue pumpkins you made recently. I am just drawn to them. Barberry Bramble has turned out lovely as I can picture in my head the sashing. Lucey is back just in the nick of time! Yay for evening stitching projects. I need to start another one myself . . . hmm. What should it be?! Happy Wednesday-that-feels-like-a-Tuesday to you. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne
Carolyn said…
I'm so glad you got your machine back, although you made good use of your time while it was gone. The pumpkins are super cute, and I agree we need to do things for ourselves sometimes. It keeps the creative juices flowing!
piecefulwendy said…
Cross & Crown looks great in those soothing colors, which make me think of a winter garden. Glad you are doing some projects for yourself, too - and cute ones at that!
Sharon - IN said…
Your October wool work will look so great with the pumpkins! For sure keep something going for yourself! Self care sewing!
Mary said…
Such wonderful projects are being created, even with Lucey out of commission. I’m glad to see you working on some things for yourself too. Hard to believe it is time to bring out the fall items.
Love those pumpkin blocks - so cute!! They will make cute cushions xx