2023 Week 25 Tuesday To Do: Oh What Fun Lies Ahead

Hello motivated do'ers and welcome to the weekly

How was everyone's Father's Day weekend
?  
We spent most of our Saturday at a wedding but on
Sunday we were finally able to relax in the pool and
then finished the day in the pergola, enjoying yummy
eats from the grill.  It has been months since we've had
such a relaxed day and we're looking forward to many
more throughout the summer.

We have been getting a lovely amount of rain that has
everything so wonderfully--and unseasonably!--green!
It looks to be backing off this week but until now, I'm not
sure we've gone more than a few days without a nightly
rain and my garden is so, so happy about it!


I'm currently harvesting eggplant, yellow squash, beets,
green beans, zucchini, green onions and carrots.  Within
just days, I'll be picking tomatoes and the potatoes,
peppers, cukes and other things are just around the corner.

In a couple weeks, I'll be planting the pumpkins and gourds,
and you know what that means!  Fall is around the corner!
I'm not ready for it yet but I am really looking forward to it.
I have so many quilts that need to be made to get my shop
ready for the cooler months, and especially the holidays!
The master list is an aggressive one!
Just how I like 'em!
I've had to keep my lists small and wimpy lately so
I'm excited to start picking things up!   Speaking of
small and wimpy lists, let's have a look at last week's:

* * * Week 24 Priority * * *
Find binding for Versailles.
DONE.
I have the it but I've been working on
this next (and more pressing) item on my list

2)  Finish cutting out Into the Woods
DONE.


It's been a long time since I've worked with flannel but this
dreamy Woolies line has me completely smitten.   The colors,
the softness, the way it sews up!  The only downside I can
think of is that's it's likely to never be on the clearance rack.

The pattern, Into the Woods by MSQC (BLOCK), leaves enough
orphan pieces (especially if you are better at cutting/planning
than the pattern writers) that you could squeak out two quilts
from one layer cake--which is what I'm doing.   One is a gift
and the other will be listed in my shop.


As you can see I'm pushing right along with the first one.
Just a little more sashing and the inside portion will
be complete.  After this, I need to see what I can do to
increase its size in the border portion of the quilt.

* * * Week 25 Priority * * *
Finish Into the Woods.  Rename?
I'd like to come up with my own name but this name
fits just fine so I'll likely stick with it.  I'll be gifting it
this Friday so this is my focus for the week but once
that is done...

2) Bind, label, photograph and list Versailles.
If the weather stays as nice as it has been, this
shouldn't be too much of an issue.

3) Start on another version of Autumn Shimmer

Previous version post here.

My fabric pull has been waiting for months but
 I will finally be able to work on this requested quilt.


Cutting out is a favorite part of quilting so I use it as
a little extra motivation and a reward for finishing my
 projects (one of the ways I avoid UFO's) so I expect
I'll be cutting away by the end of the week.

I've been working on that list of all of my quilt-goals
for the upcoming season but I'll save that
 for another post.  Oh what fun lies ahead! For now,
I will get to work play so I wish you all a wonderful
week of stitching and see you next Tuesday!

Happy quilting!

Comments

chrisknits said…
Oh, I like that into the woods fabric. I am doing a VERY scrappy top right now in flannels. VEEERRRYY scrappy. Makes my eyes cross with all the plaids clashing. LOL But I am working with what was there, so scrappy it is.
piecefulwendy said…
The Woodsy Bear? Paws in the Woods? Am I helping? Likely not - LOL. Anyway, I love it! And that fabric pull is lovely!
Into the Woods is so pretty! Very woodsy feeling. I love your fall fabric pull, too, but NOT ready for talk of fall yet. It just finally feels like summer here this week. Your garden sounds like it's just doing wonderfully!
Mary said…
We were at a wedding in Kansas over the weekend and enjoyed a couple of your storms. Everything was so lush and green. I’m not surprised that the garden is doing so well.

Your quilts are looking great, as usual. I’m not ready for fall yet, but we are still waiting for our summer to start.
Cutting is my least favorite part of quilting. Enjoy the cutting. Lots of nice quilts.
Linda said…
Into The Woods looks fantastic. I am LOL at Wendy's suggested names :D I love that flannel.
"Wimpy" is not a word I'd use to describe any list of yours - haha!
Your garden looks amazing!
dq said…
This is such a nice fabric pull, and I love your row quilt. I am a big fan of row quilts - always. Very nicely done!
Sharon - IN said…
What a nice weekend you had with wedding and chilling! You garden looks lovely. I'm happy to visit my daughter at her Farmer's Market for fresh veggies, fruits, and flowers on Wednesdays. Happy quilting!
Kate said…
It is nice to have a chance to slow down for a change. Love Into the Wooks, those greens are just perfect. Hopefully, you've had really good luck with this week's list.