October Monthly Goal(s) Complete

Hello and welcome to another Monthly Goal Day!
to share my completed goal(s) for October.

October was such a big month!  We travelled to NY for
our last West Point Parents Weekend, played lots of
golf and celebrated birthdays.  And I still managed to
go on a quilt shop hop, make three quilts and finish a
"UFO with issues" that has nagged me for almost a year. 

Today I sit at my computer feeling like I blinked and
a favorite month is over.  I've skipped posting so now
I'm trying to condense the weeks into a two posts...
 but leaving out details makes it all fall so short so it's
hard even to know where to begin.  A hobbit would
say to begin in the beginning but I think I'll just
start with my monthly goals.  

My main goal was to finish my Snow Day quilt.

(Photographing white quilts is so hard.  This was a
first of three tries so it's not great.)

Goal completed.


Snow Day is quilted, bound and labeled.


Photos were taken and it's now listed in my shop.

For a little extra motivation, I picked a second goal:
complete the next quilt project that was currently
on the design wall.


I finally settled on November Stars for a name
though I still think it looks like Indian corn popping...


This also has had its pics taken and is listed in my shop.


So with those goals completed I moved on...
I came across a UFO that has bugged me since last
winter when I quilted the entire thing not realizing

As a rule, I'm pretty anti-UFO but this was a quilt
that had really put my heart into and I just
couldn't decide how to proceed so I stopped.
Finally, enough was enough.  I decided to
bind it as is and keep it for myself.


Hudson Valley Palisades is approximately 70 X 70. 
Residing on the back of our sofa, it brings to mind
the beauty of Upstate NY in the fall and our
West Point memories that now come with it.

Next up are two quilts from the pattern Wooded Whimsy
by Corey Yoder.  I had two Christmas jelly rolls on hand
that I felt were perfect for it so I set about cutting them
both out at once and had a blast with the fabric play.
This is one of those times that I enjoyed precuts, even
if there was a lot of waste*.


"Festive Firs" is made with Warm Wishes by Riley Blake and
quilted with "Mittens" (paper pantograph).  It measures
66 X 77.5 and is just awaiting a photo shoot.

"Joyful Junipers" will be my featured November
goal so stay tuned there...

*If you are interested in this lovely pattern, please
see my noteworthy comments in tomorrow's 
Tuesday To-Do post (comes out tonight).

Until then,  happy quilting!

Comments

piecefulwendy said…
So many lovelies! I'm so glad you decided to keep the Palisades quilt, because I know how much it reminds you of those Upstate NY vibes. I am amazed at what you get done!
Love all your finishes! You did very well in finishing them during October! Great post! Hugs
Sandy Panagos said…
All your finishes are great! You really rocked October!
Wow no wonder the month went by so fast for you! Absolutely amazing to finish so many quilts in a month, and so beautiful! Fall is one of my favorite seasons so I'm drawn to your two fall quilts. I'm also a sucker for Christmas quilts, and yours are lovely, especially Christmas Firs. Thanks for sharing on my 300th Wednesday Wait Loss.
chrisknits said…
Kudos on all your finishes!! They are just gorgeous.