2022 Tuesday To-Do #20: Quilt Season is Coming!

July.
So begins the backside of the year, right?
It's totally my favorite by the way.
Fall and all its colors, holidays, cooler weather,
food, football, trips to West Point--you name it.
 It's all on the way.
And so is my "quilt season," when
productivity in my sewing room peaks.

Oh it is such a great time of the year to be a quilter
and I'm already getting excited for it, clearly.
The last thing I need is to enter Quilt Season with
a pile of things to finish so that has to be my focus:
turn those tops into finishes!

Well, er, there might be a little straying but I'll 'fess up to
that squirrel in a bit.  First let's join Texas Quilt Gal on
the Tuesday To Do Link Up and see what I focused on.

1) Bind and finish ATC II
DONE.


2) Load next quilt?
DONE
I chose to work on Pine Tree Lane next.
And because I was feeling rather motivated, I hopped
right in and started quilting it up with "Ripples".
(Urban Elementz)


This one is great for any quilt with trees or snow
because it gives that blowing-wind effect.  It's also
wonderfully rewarding because you'll find yourself
with a finish in no time!  Which I did!


I have the binding made but just didn't get time
to get it put on yet--darn it!  I so wanted another
finish to show but it was not to be.  So close though!

3) Sew a few more blocks on Waves?
No progress.
Trying to figure out how to squeeze in
more time with this one

4) Start a new quilt?
DONE.


I suppose this is a squirrel of sorts but I really felt like
starting a new quilt with fall colors was just what I needed
 to get the mojo going.  I'll share more on it next week.


The last time I joined in it was February!
Well, you know what?
Even February seems ages ago right now.
(Why does this year seem so out of control?)
But let's stay focused on the here and now
and list my current goals for the week:

1)  Finish binding Pines.

2) Load next quilt (down to 3!)

3) Sew 3-5 Waves blocks
Just to keep a little bit of momentum going, I'd like to
at least to try to sew one block a day (during the week).

4) Sew 6 more leaf blocks for "unnamed fall quilt"

5) Work with hubs to get a permanent outdoor quilt hanger
for photo shoots.   (More to come on this next week.)

6) Golf:  Work on the "heavenwood"
When I last left off, I was getting frustrated with trying
out so many new clubs and I just felt so off--my swing
my grip, everything.  But patience and practice seems
to be paying off and things are starting to really come
together.  I love my new irons; a new driver is on order and
I'm now trying out a "heavenwood" which is truly heaven 
for me in the fairway--when I strike it correctly (ahem).
I need to make some good progress with it this week.  I'm
already completely sold on it but I should probably prove I
can use it before I order it!  Overall, I feel like I'm improving
on about everything right now which feels great.
And even got my second birdie. 

It's sure to be a week filled with fun and completions,
and I'm already looking forward to meeting you
all back here when I share my progress next Tuesday!

Happy quilting!

Comments

Ivani said…
Hi Cheree,
ACT II quilt is beautiful as is Pine Tree, love also que quilting, that looks perfect for it.
Have a great quilting week, and good luck with your list.
piecefulwendy said…
You've done well, sneaking in all that quilting between golf rounds! Love the pine tree quilt!
Sherrie said…
Hi,
I really like your Pine Tree quilt, so pretty. And New Project is
going to be awesome with some more Fall colors added. Have a great day!
Pine Tree Lane is such a gorgeous quilt! I love the little pops of plaid here and there in the trees. Good luck with your golf - I hadn't heard of a heavenwood and had to look it up. Could be helpful! I think golf is a sport of always trying,tweaking,and practicing to get better!
Home Sewn By Us said…
Hi Cheree! Your second birdie - nice job. You haven't mentioned your guild meetings lately. Have they paused for the summer? I'm wondering if you're finding the longarm group rewarding? Congrats on the near-finish. That binding will be done in a blink. I never thought about July being the beginning of the end, so to speak, but you're right. It is! Leading up to all the fun to come - I look forward to it, too. {{{Hugs}}} ~smile~ Roseanne
chrisknits said…
You are just amazing with what you get done!! Heaenwood, I am amazed I knew what you were talking about, but then I come from a golfing family.
Linda said…
Love your pine tree quilt, and creating swirls with the quilting was a nice touch. I had a 7-wood years (decades?) ago and loved it. You are doing great with your quilting and golfing - two things that obviously bring you joy!
Thank you for sharing with us at To Do Tuesday!
I am so looking forward to fall and winter projects too. I do not know what it is about this time of year, but I too feel inspired and want to piddle my day in the quilt room. Pine Tree Lane is so lovely as are the maple leaf blocks. Enjoyed your week and keep embracing those squirrels. Lol. Happy quilting.