October Monthly Goal Complete


Is anyone else not ready to say goodbye
to October?  It's a month of such vibrant color and
heaps of change.  A month of incredible flavors.
A month of preparing and then finally settling in.


I feel like I got a lot out of October this year so if I
have to say goodbye, at least it will be with no regrets.
I travelled, I cleaned, I prepared, I watched the leaves
and even enjoyed some snow while sitting by a fire.


There was a little home improvement on the
side while I worked with peppers, herbs, squash
and pumpkins.  And I worked on my glowing quilt.
You really can't ask for more than that from a month!


Knowing it was going to be a very full month, I kept
my October goal to just getting the September Glow
blocks sewn into a top--with or without borders
as time did or did not allow.


Due to its construction, this required pinning
every single seam match-up so
oh-my-goodness did this take forever!


Today I'll be working out the border(s) but
at least I completed my main goal.
See you all in November!

Happy End-Of-October, and happy quilting!

Linking up to:
Elm Street Quilts:

Comments

Gorgeous quilt! I love it and so perfect for this time of year!
Margo Yang said…
What patience you have, your quilt is beautiful!!
Kathryn T said…
Yes a lot of work but so worth it. Love the chain effect of the pattern. Kathryn Quilts
Needled Mom said…
Great finish to close the month out! I hate to see it go.
piecefulwendy said…
Love this quilt! I can imagine matching all those seams took a bit of time, but it was oh so worth it! Well done!
Patty said…
Beautiful! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!
Nice top. Yes, pinning takes forever, but the seams look better that way.
Kate said…
September Glow is gorgeous! Congrats on meeting your October OMG. That's a lot of seam matching but you got there.