Another New Project and Machine-Separation Panic

My current three projects are progressing and nothing has been
cast aside so here I am starting a fourth.
Three has always been my limit but do BOMs and QALs
actually count?


While the QAL project has been fun for working with my fall fabrics,
I still haven't touched any of my Halloween stash.
And fall is just a week away.

Star Patch Quilt Tutorial-- Missouri Star

Jenny's latest tutorial came across my feed a couple days ago
and the lightbulb went on.


 So out came the stash and I cut my own "jelly roll"--
but with fewer fabrics and a little less "rhyme".
Like most of my quilts these days, it's going to
be a little on the scrappy side.
Plans for this one?
No idea!


Today I sewed up the strips and cut sections for the
four-squares--not too bad for Day One.
But I have no idea when Day Two will be.

I'm not admitting how long it has been since my poor machine
has been in for a tune-up.  I've talked about it for a long time but
really, when is there a good time to be without it?
You understand, I know.
But tomorrow is the chosen day so off it goes,
The turn-around, I was told, is "just 2-3 days."  Dare I hope?
The days ahead will keep me too busy to sew.
I hope to have awesome news but it's still not official so I'll wait,
and just take lots of pics.

Anyhoo, if next Monday finds me still without my sewing machine,
I have a quilt ready for the long arm and that should tide
me over for another couple days.  After that I might actually
have to start some fall cleaning.  There are worse things...
except that I do have 4 projects going and I did give my word
to keep working on them!


This UFO has been on hold for months till a backing came along.
That collection of colors still isn't my fav but it turns out
that cheery little yellow border upped my opinion of it just a bit.  
I just found the backing at a great price and it's all pieced and ready.
My plan is to donate it to a church bazaar this fall or one in February.

Till next time,
happy quilting!



Comments

Debbie said…
Love the quilt in purples! Good way to use up those scraps.The yellow puts the zing into the card trick ufo. I like it!
You can cut out lots of quilt projects in 2-3 days time. Then they will be waiting. If you were closer, I'd loan you a machine (or several).