August and September Banners

More rain and cool weather around here.
Not having to water my garden is a nice little break.
I keep saying I'm going to start getting out my fall decor
but, other than the front door wreath, it hasn't happened yet.
Yes, it's very early but I like the way the colors warm up our home so
I usually start bringing out a little bit here and there in August.  


I did get my August banner sewn up and there's nothing "fall"
about it so maybe it's just as well.


I whipped out September while I was at it but
it's just hanging out in my sewing room.


This month's banner isn't a favorite with me
but I didn't want to take the time to come up with my own
and it does make me think about buying a box of apples!


I have the Jacob's Ladder college quilt up and going on the LA.
This is my first go at this design so it's always a little frustrating that
those first warm-ups go in the border where the quilting shows the
most but I console myself that this is now the bottom (foot) of the quilt!
I think with keeping it slow and steady I will soon get it down well enough.  

My mind is already wondering off to my next project.
I have several that I need to start but the Jacob's Ladder was really pretty
time-consuming and I'm feeling the need to relax and play around first.


This QAL showed up in my feed yesterday and I've decided to join in.
I'm a sucker for stars, and for quilt-alongs.


Unlike my BOM, I like that it is condensed down and will be done by
mid-October, especially if go the route I'm thinking--use up some fall fabrics!


I'm linking up with these today but I want to have another 
"tear through my fabric" session just in case another idea comes to me.
I've had other fall quilts in mind for a while so it might be best if
I were to choose a different theme.  I love that Melissa of Happy Quilting
has so many color options posted for you to get a better idea of
what you might want to do with all those stars, not to mention a
color page for you to play around with more.

I have a full day at the long arm staring me down so off I go.
Lucky me!
Happy quilting!

Comments

You are a BAD girl ;). I've always wanted to make a blue star quilt. I even pulled fabrics, years ago, and with a monthly box exchange with my little quilt guild, I have 6 12.5" star blocks already made (we'll have to see if they will fit in with the QAL). Like I need another project....
Debbie said…
Love the September mini. It is really cute. You will be seeing stars with the next one!
Melissa Corry said…
Love your fabric pull!! Such pretty autumn colors and prints ;) So glad you are going to quilt along!!!