29 July 2018

The College Quilt Continues

Quick update on the quilt.
The blocks are all done and sewn into rows.


I used every single bit of royal blue fabric and
I've used up all of my scraps of light grays.
With the design as it is, I really couldn't go much bigger
as I would need to add two rows and two columns so it turns out
that I bought just the right amount of additional fabrics.
The size of an XL twin quilt 81x101;
I only have about half of the rows sewn together but I'm
estimating the size of the inner part this quilt should be about
56x71 so I have a lot of border to add to this to bring it up to size.

The goal for the week:
I have HSTs left over that could be worked into the corners,
or I could make more 4-squares, or both--just something
to keep the large amount of borders from being a little boring.
In yardage, I have several gray and several dark blue fabrics
to work with for the borders, binding and the back so I'll just see
where that gets me.  I'm always happy when every single bit
of fabric gets used up--love a scrappy quilt but like any
quilter, I have all the scraps I need!



1 comment:

Debbie said...

Wow, you have worked hard. It looks great! Love that you used up so much of the fabrics.....good excuse when you see something new :)

I really enjoy comments and usually respond to all. Please follow away, visit often and let me know your thoughts. This blog is only to keep a personal record of my creative side. I may occasionally accept products to review but I do not collect anything else for this blog, especially not cookies or email addresses.


Total Pageviews