Quilt Season

The wind comes now out of the north; 
the leaves are falling and the colors are stunning.


And I've completed my fourth quilt top of this,
my most favorite time of the year--affectionately 
and appropriately dubbed Quilt Season.

Truthfully, I started this one last spring.  The garden 
took my time away from it then, but here it is now:   


From the Schnibbles pattern "Summer Day",
this quilt, with its single border, measures 49 X 53. 
To make it larger, and because I had the fabric,
I added more rows/columns and may yet 
add still another border.


 I'm not real proud of my piecing on this one.
Lots of little pieces, esp triangles (bias), can just get 
things out of whack sometimes but when it's 
all done, I think it'll look fine.  

 I was very happy to finally have a stiletto to help 
me out with all that piecing!
A belated shout out to Debbie at Stitching Therapy:


I won this stiletto and other goodies a while back
and just want to let her know how much its being
used!  My previous "stiletto" was a wooden skewer!
This one hangs on my lanyard with my scissors
where they are both always handy.


On the coffee scene, the red cups are back
at Starbucks!  Another sign of the season that
I always look forward to!  Peppermint mochas and
caramel brûlée lattes, cold weather outside, maybe 
a little light Christmas music?
(and I mean just something instrumental--way too early for Jingle Bells!)  
Perfect for hibernating in the sewing room!

Now, do I put Summer Day away till after the holidays?
I'd much rather be working on seasonal colors...



Comments

Debbie said…
I love your geese! Great quilt....don't worry about a little mis-piecing. Since when do all geese look the same, I say. Glad you are using the stiletto, I sure use mine a lot now!
You most certainly do not put that away - it's gorgeous and the colors defy seasonality. I say hang it up because art needs to be admired and admired daily.
gilly said…
I love the concept of a "Quilt Season" - right there in between Autumn and Winter :)
Gorgeous quilt too, I think you should finish it now, then it'll be all ready for Spring when it arrives!
xx