'23 Tuesday To Do #44: Happy Halloween and Welcome November

“By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.”
 — William Shakespeare


Happy Halloween!

Join me and the others at Quilt Schmilt's Tuesday To-Do 
link-up as we share Week 44's progress today and make our
plans for what we'll be working on next week, which is #45.
Week 45!?!  Yikes!  It's getting close, isn't it?

* * * Week 44 Priority * * *
Work on Cascade #2, aka "Harvest Lane"


Lot of progress here.
143 blocks made and sewn together.  If my stash will
help me out, I'll be putting a border on it today.

2) Start on Thanksgiving Blog Hop project
This uses the same size of strips as Harvest Lane so I just
cut extras for this project at the same time.   It's a start!

3) Garden clean-up
  With temps dropping to the 20's, I picked everything.
I never like to say goodbye to the fresh flavors but it's
always a relief to say goodbye to the garden work

There were still quite a few partially green pumpkins 
but I think they'll finish ripening up just fine.  And now
there are pumpkins everywhere:  on our front porch,
in front of the garage, IN the garage, on the decks...


I came across these fall fireplace screensavers by 
Moodscape (Youtube) like this one that I've been enjoying
in the studio.  I find the crackle of a fire very relaxing.
I recommend checking them all out!  Gorgeous stuff!


WHY have I not thought of this before?!?  I always bring in any
that I want to save for cooking when the temps drop too low.
I usually just set them around my kitchen--but this!  Well, it's
it's nothing like the screensavers but I'll keep adding to it.
Next year I'll have to plan ahead for better props!
 (Candles, fall flowers--I can see it now!).

Soon, I'll be lighting a toasty fire and they'll all need
to be rearranged to safer spots anyway but until then,
I love having them where I see them all the time.

4) Walk the Walk
Get in at least 10K steps 6 days/week.


We've gotten so much rain so very little golf was played.
I still managed to squeak in my steps as required, usually by
taking a quick evening walk with hubs.  I'm not sure I would
have pushed like that if it weren't for this challenge and my
accountability buddy.  So grateful for her idea to do this!

Jumping right on into next week...

* * * Week 45 Priority * * *
Finish "Harvest Lane", pic & list

2) Work on blog hop project

3) Keep up with the steps

Happy quilting and happy November!

Comments

are those photos of all of your pumpkins? Did you grow them? That is a heck of a lot of pumpkins to buy!
Kate said…
Harvest Lane is coming together beautiful. The colors arranged in that pattern remind me of Indian Corn. You got a great start on the autumn decor, the pumpkins work really well.
Your pumpkins are just amazing! I love all the sizes and shapes. And Harvest Lane is lovely - such a fun scrappy design. Happy Halloween, Cheree!
Linda said…
I love pumpkins in your house! I had not thought of that, so pretty. You're making me wish we had room to grow pumpkins. ;)
Between my Hubs and you and Roseanne, I was inspired to finally get started on treadmill-ing and stationary biking, and that motivated me to get serious about the diet, and I've lost 5 pounds. Losing motivates me even more! I hope to get down to my goal by the end of the year, so thank you!
Home Sewn By Us said…
Hi Cheree! That screensaver is SO cool. I never would have thought to look for something like that. I can see that on the big living room TV when everyone visits on Sunday. Plus, I can absolutely see you decorating your fireplace and hearth like that next year. In fact, I can't wait to see your take on it! Good job on the steps last week. DH is getting the benefit of our challenge, too. Pretty cool! Harvest Lane - those colors are gorgeous. It's a winner in my book. Happy Wednesday, my friend. Keep on keeping on! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne
Sharon - IN said…
Those are pretty displays of pumpkins! Hopefully I can do something like that in the future. This year I put up pumpkins from my daughter's garden into the freezer - while she takes care of those new twin babies of hers! Have fun on your quilting projects this week!
I've got some dogs you can walk;) I'm bad, and I don't walk them (hubby & son do that, since I can't handle the large dog).