2024 TTD Week 27 : Pepita Finish & Mid-Year Check-In


I hope everyone here in the States had a nice holiday.
And here we go!  Now is when the switch seems to happen.
Whether we want it or not, the back-to-school push is on and fall
is right behind.  I love the change of seasons; I think we need it.
 God knows exactly what He's doing there.

It's definitely time for me to be getting more fall quilts made.
I'm really behind but golf,  ya know?  I have a finished Pepitas II
to share today along with my plans for the rest of the year.
So grab your cuppa and let's go.

* * * Week 26 Priority * * *
Finish Pepitas II.
Quilt, label and bind; take pics and list.
Done--and already sold!  Yay!


Pepitas II (87 x 105)


On Pepitas 1, I inserted extra blocks down the middle of the back.
I love to use up orphan blocks this way because the chances of me
ever using them later is pretty much nil; plus, it just looks cooler.
This time I just didn't have any extras.


Quilted in "West Wind in Autumn" by My Creative Stitches.

2) Work on Abigail
No progress.

3) Plan out next 6 months of quilting
Here we go:

FIRST THINGS FIRST

 Get the studio in ship-shape order.
I clean between every project but things have gotten a little
messy these days because I've been in a bit of a hurry.
But I enjoy cleaning, and I really enjoy working in a clean room
so it'll be a perfect way to kick off to the rest of the year.
If you don't clean your room (or even just your machines) regularly
you might want to join me.  It'll boost your sewjo!

FALL PROJECTS

1)  "Harvest Pumpkins" by Julie Hendricksen & Vickie Gerike
County Seat Quilts  


I had a blast making this the first time and I've already
collected some fabrics for the second (and third?) go at it.

2 & 3) Something with Primitive Gatherings flannel FQ set


This is a classic case of "saving fabric" but it's time to use it.


 Here are a couple other quilts that I want to make this fall so
I might as well kill two birds with one stone and use the flannel
FQ set for one of these.   Any thoughts/preferences?  
I'm undecided...but leaning toward the "Hello Pumpkin".

And then it'll be on to winter and Christmas already!

WINTER/CHRISTMAS

4) "Nestled in the Trees," Coach House Designs


5) "Peppermint Pines" by Erica Arndt


I made the above two but I want to make a third for a gift.

6)  "Holiday Forest" by Edyta Sitar


As if I hadn't made enough of these already,
I still want to get a 5th done in blues/ivories.

7 & 8) I-Spies

My first "Polaroid" I-Spy

I'd like to get two made for Christmas gifts.  The above
quilt is a large throw so I would make them smaller.

Well, that's a wrap.
That should be plenty to get things rolling for "the season,"
as I like to call it.  There will be some vacationing in there,
and of course all the golf so somehow I'm going to have
to figure out how to get more quilting time in.

For now, I'll just take it one week at a time.

* * * Week 28 Priority * * *
Thoroughly clean sewing room!

2) Continue on Abigail


Hopefully I can finish the whole top.

3) Choose next project?

Happy quilting!

Comments

Linda said…
I'm always inspired by your posts! Congrats on the sale of Pepitas II - so pretty. I have a definite preference for any Margot pattern - love Autumn Spice.
I always straighten things up before I leave the sewing room, but there fuzzies and threads that have accumulated in the corners and under some of my cabinets, so I need to thoroughly clean. And yes it is motivating to walk into a neat, clean room!
I'd love to think autumn is just around the corner, but July and August are the LONGEST months for me, so I'm just trying to be patient and not be too depressed about the heat and lack of rain.
piecefulwendy said…
Whenever I see pumpkin quilt patterns now, I think of you! Hello Pumpkin looks like a great pattern for that FQ bundle, although both patterns are very nice! I do like to straighten up my quilt room after projects, especially messy ones (hello improv). It's time for me to do that today, I think!