'24 Tuesday To-Do #12: Hopping Into Spring!

Somehow it's Tuesday again and so it's time to link up.

Monday Musings by Songbird Designs
Tuesday To Do by Quilt Schmilt
Sew & Tell by Melva Loves Scraps


We're working away at phase 2 of our garden re-do
so I have to keep today's post short and sweet.

* * * Week 11 Priority * * *
1) Finish Blog Hop Post
Done.


If you haven't been following along with everyone on the
you'll likely want to check it out!  There are so many
variations of their new pattern pack to see plus
 tons of yummy quilty prizes to be won!


Did you catch my quilt reveal?  I took the VRD pattern
Gypsy and went to town with some stash-busting.  


I got creative with some borders to make the quilt bigger
and the result is my version, Orchard Daze.  Please check
out the post here for more on that project and then check
out all of the other bloggers' quilts as well!  It has really
been a lot of fun and you still have a few days left to
sign up to win some of those prizes!

2) Work on next quilt:  


I'm still in stash-busting mode and working through my
Bonnie & Camille fabrics (with some supplementing).
It's kind of rare that I want to work with spring colors
so I generally try to go all-in when it hits.


"One-Roll Wonder" (The Big Book of Favorite Scrap Quilts) has
become my next victim easy-peasy scrap-busting project.
Even the sashing allowed me to use up many small remnants.
Oh the joy!
I wish I had taken a pic of my fabric cabinet at the beginning
of the year because after this third scrappy quilt--in as many
months--there has been a very obvious decrease on the top shelf.


Here is my progress on what I'll likely call Picnic.  I need
to finalize the block arrangement and then sew it up.
What do you think Chloe?  Border? No border?

3) Work on charity quilt if time allows.
No progress here.

4) 10k + steps per day
I fit five rounds of golf in last week (!) and I got my average
 up to over 14k/day.   Am I sore?  Am I tired?  You betcha.
But it's so worth it.  Hopefully my body adjusts pretty soon.

On to next week:

* * * Week 12 Priority * * *
1) Finish One Roll Wonder top
Maybe I'll even get it quilted?

2) Continue Phase 2 of the Garden Re-Do
Phase 1 was the fence; phases 2 & 3 are the new raised
beds--half of the garden this year and the rest next year.
(Or just maybe next fall?)


Hubs is almost done placing the beds; next will be the watering
system and then reworking the pathways.
Then I get to fill the beds with all kinds of organic matter and soil.
We've amassed a mountain of boxes over the last 8 or 9 months
(ie, Amazon!) and I was lucky enough to score 2 loads of mulch
last fall when the power company was trimming trees in our area
(the guys have come to know me and now ask! LOL!).  Plus, we
have our compost pile, leaves, shrub trimmings, etc.  It's going to
a lot of work and my back will scream but I find that sort of thing
so blasted fun and satisfying to do that I just can't wait!  I'm also
moving about a bajillion strawberry plants (not near as fun!) to
some low gardens along the fence.
Oh, I cannot wait to share some progress pics next week!

Okay, I said this would be quick but you get me going there on
composting and I get all excited.  Truly, it's not that far from
quilting!  You take scraps and make great things from them!
HA HA!

I look forward to a more quilty post next week.  Until then,

Happy quilting, gardening and golfing!

Comments

Carolyn said…
One Roll Wonder looks like a great scrap buster. I’m guessing from the name it’s designed for a jelly roll? Good luck with the garden!
Kathleen said…
Love your one roll wonder - it is so much fun to get through some of the stash! And you know I love Gypsy...its beautiful!
I saw those raised beds some where and told my husband that is what I wanted when mine start to fall apart - he reminded me that I am 71 right now and the beds I have probably won't fall apart (rot) for another 5 years or so did I really think I was going to want to do all that work then LOL - probably not but I sure do like the look of them
Melva said…
I think Picnic looks fabulous! I would consider a narrow white border with a scrappy binding for a finish. Thanks for joining Sew & Tell.
Home Sewn By Us said…
Hi Cheree! You have got a lot going on there not counting quilting. Those raised beds look fab. I've been thinking about replacing mine as the wood encompassing it is on its last leg. Those are aluminum, I think? LOVE your version of One-Roll Wonder. It's so pretty. I'm 100% certain that's what Chloe is thinking. Have a great week! Congrats on boosting those steps. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne
Kate said…
Love your scrappy spring quilt. Yeah for moving along some scraps. I did some of that, but they seem to multiply when I'm not looking. Good luck with all your plans inside and outside.
chrisknits said…
Can't see the joy in gardening, but I am here for the quilts!! LOL
Samantha Burnside said…
One Roll Wonder is a beautiful quilt. I like all of the words you've used out of your stash. They've been quite spring like, bright and cheerful. Love seeing them!


I don't think it includes my email
Jason_burnside@hotmail.com