2023 Tuesday To-Do #49: Ready for Christmas

"Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth,
for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside
the fire:  it is the time for home.
--Edith Sitwell


Winter is also the time for quilts!
They do fit under "comfort" and "warmth" but with all of the care
 and time put into them, they've earned their own mention, right?
I'm doing my best to slow things down here.  Part of that
was skipping last week while I got caught up on my shopping
and wrapping.  And before I could get to that, there was a funeral
which led to having family over and that really threw things
into high gear.  But, sometimes that's just what one needs to get
all the stuff done right?


I'm still waiting on a few things to show up in the mail but
I had an enjoyable wrapping session this weekend while
we watched Army kick the patootie out of Navy.  Again.
(It's okay, Squids.  We still fully support you everywhere else!)
So there isn't much else for me to do, prep-wise, other than
maybe some cleaning.

I do have one last quilt that I want to get done asap but first
we'd better look at what happened over the last two weeks.

* * * Week 47 Priority * * *
Finish Woodland Christmas #2
On hold.
With #1 finished and listed, I worked on more pressing things.

2) Start next quilt


Started and finished!  Even the pics!


My "Silent Night" is a larger version (63.5 x 74.5) of
Edyta Sitar's (Laundry Basket Quilts) "Holiday Forest."


The quilting pattern is West Wind Winter (My Creative Stitches).

3) Make a Christmas plan that allows optimal time for what matters
DONE.  And I'm feeling very comfortable with it all!

A quick update on some other things going on...


Remember Thankful Wreaths that I had really wanted to keep?
It sold.   Well, that was bittersweet!  LOL.  Guess I have until next
fall to get another one made!

Oh and I should also address my Walk-the-Walk progress.
I have fallen off of posting about it but have kept up most
of the time.  Most.  It's a busy season, okay?  
But I'm still fitting some golf in and walking on the treadmill
here and there.  Most other days I'm doing yardwork or any
other number of things that usually get me up to 10k...
just not as much as I should.  I need to work on that!

* * * Week 50 Priority * * *
Finish Peace & Joy
I'm done making quilts for my shop this year but as I was working
on Silent Night, I kept picturing another in reds with a Victorian
or French vibe.  I have a dear friend who is going through a bit of
a rough time and I think this would be perfect for feeling loved.

I've gotten a great start on it but I'll have to just share more
next week when I'll likely just have the whole thing done.
And in typical me fashion, I might just have two of them made.
I'll share that story next week too.  LOL.

That's all I have so how about adding a few more fun things:
2) Watch Christmas movies
3) Finish up any partly-read books by a toasty fire
4) Light holiday cleaning here and there
5) Holiday baking for fun
6) Walk and golf

Happy quilting!

Comments

Linda said…
Your front porch is beautiful! Is that a real tree? Welp, I guess your beloved quilt was meant to go elsewhere, so maybe you can make yourself another one? We watched that Army-Navy game - a good one! If you are keeping up with your steps with all you do, then kudos to you. My steps have fallen off the last week. I'm usually able to get in most of them on the treadmill, but I've been off it for several days. First world problem - lol!
Kate said…
Sounds like you've done well on both the quilty goals and the holiday to dos. I've finished all the wrapping for my extended family, but still need to do some for Grad Girl and My Guy. Seems like you've set yourself up to really enjoy the holiday.
piecefulwendy said…
All the best things for your week - quilts, football, more quilts, coffee - and a little golf! Cannot wait to see the next version of trees!
Home Sewn By Us said…
Hi Cheree! I just ADORE your black and white version of Silent Night. It is gorgeous. I'm sorry that Thankful Wreaths sold - doesn't it just figure?!! The silver lining beyond the sale is that you get to find more fabrics that you just love for a new version. Good job for keeping on the walking path! Of course some leeway is always allowed. This is a crazy time of year - just keeping everything on the down low as far as stress goes is the most important. Have a fabulous week! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne
I'll go with your to do list for this week - each item sounds important to me! Your Silent Night quilt is beautiful. And so is your front entryway. 'Tis the season!
Karin said…
Fantastic quilts. Sounds like you are really organised...I have not even started shopping!
Karin said…
Beautiful quilts!
chrisknits said…
Love the quilts!!! And I can't wait to see what you teased us with!
Very much enjoyed reading this post about Christmas preparations and quilting too. You have such pretty projects...love trees in quilts. Meanwhile, gorgeous entry to your home!
You piece much faster than I do. Growing up, when we'd watch the Army/Navy game, we'd root for different teams, depending on who's house we were in. One grandfather was in the Army in WWII, and the other served in the Navy in WWI & WWII.