November Goal

“November at its best—with a sort of delightful menace in the air.” 
— Anne Bosworth Greene

A sort of delightful menace.
I like that!  


Welcome November, I say!
It has been awhile since I posted about any monthly goal.


Somehow it kept slipping by but I'm here today, linking up
to Stories From the Sewing Room's One Monthly Goal.

I love Christmas and the holiday season but I also love fall and
all those glorious colors!  I feel like we're being bombarded with
Christmas earlier and more heavily than than ever right now so
I'm going to do my part in keeping the focus on Thanksgiving
in every way that I can, starting with this monthly goal.


I recently finished the center of this quilt top so
my goal is to get the border figured out and then
 take it all the way to a completely finished quilt.


"Harvest Lane" is packed with rich fall colors and is the second I've
made from the pattern "Reproduction Chain" by Julie Hendrickson.
The first one (that still needs better pics!) is here. 
(The Big Book of Favorite Scrap Quilts,  Martingale Publishing)


I'm also going to mention a secondary monthly goal:
Make, finish and post about my next project which is my
contribution to the Turkey Trot Blog Hop and thus a secret.

The days are colder now and I'm spending much more time
in my sewing room so getting these both done should not
be an issue at all.  In fact, I have plans to try for four quilts
this month BUT, there will be lots of Thanksgiving prep
and fun to be had so we'll take that as it comes.

Happy quilting and we'll see you at the end of November
(when I'll be more ready for the Christmas season!).

Comments

Karen's Korner said…
Good luck with your goals.
Linda said…
I like the focus on Thanksgiving too because Thanksgiving is my favorite time of the year. Love your Harvest Lane - the colors are gorgeous.
piecefulwendy said…
The quilt makes me think of those lovely autumn drives when everything is awash with fall colors! So pretty! Four quilts - I'm sure you'll get it done!
Anne-Marie said…
Good luck with your goal and thanks for linking up!
Kate said…
Good luck with your November goals.
Chrisknits said…
Love those colors! Good luck meeting your goal, I know you can do it now that golfing isn't as much of an opportunity!