2023 Tuesday To Do #19

Hello motivated do'ers and welcome to the weekly

These are busy times so I'm going to get right to it.
Here are last week's goals:

* * * Week 19 Priority * * *
Get pics of second West Point quilt and send pics of
both for customer to choose.  List other quilt.
DONE!
The customer immediately chose the larger;
she's already received it and loves it.
I also sold a previous WP quilt so I'm making a
mental note to get several more made up for
next year's graduation but before then I want
to come up with a new design.

2) Finish Opening Day top


Not finished but I finally made a little progress!

3) Quilt customer quilt
DONE!

Other things


If you missed my post going into more detail about
my new IKEA cutting station, please check it out here.
It has been a joy working on my new space!
So organized!


Remember this recent entry in a charity quilt challenge?
I ran out of time and creativity but somehow I managed
to take third place with it so that's kinda fun, eh?

In the garden, I've been working on getting the cardboard
down and covering it with straw--the best weed block ever.
I have everything planted until the end of June when the
pumpkins and gourds will go in.  Currently we're enjoying
asparagus, radishes, spinach and lettuces.


Looking to next week:

* * * Week 20 Priority * * *
Finish Opening Day top.
It's time to get this one done and listed, ya know?

2) Find more fabrics and start on baby quilt


I came across this pattern at the LQS and by the
time I got home, it had really grown on me so I
switched from my original plan to this one.
I'll include more info on it next week.

The colors will be low volume/neutrals with a touch
of sage so I'm not real sure how to make it work
with this pattern but I'll figure it out.

I am way behind on everyone's posts again.  Hopefully
this week I'll get a chance to see what you are all up to!

Happy quilting!

Comments

Sharon Kwilter said…
Congratulations on your success selling finished quilts. And I love your work station. Thanks for sharing.
Carolyn said…
Oh how I wish I had an IKEA nearby. I love your new cutting table—it’s beautiful! Good luck on your list this week.
Linda said…
Congratulations on the win - I LOVE that piece! Yay on selling the West Point quilts - so impressive!
So I read the IKEA post and bookmarked it, showed it to my husband - he's like "Let's go to IKEA today and do it!" - lol!
Opening Day is a beautiful design, and wow on the new cutting station, too! It looks like it works perfectly for cutting, pressing, and storage. It seems we quilters can never get enough storage! The baby quilt design is a pretty one, too. Have a great week!
Susana Neiger said…
I LOVE your Opening Day quilt top! The stars are impressive, and the stunning border really makes them shine! Beautiful work!
Home Sewn By Us said…
Hi Cheree! I agree with Susana - I just LOVE your Opening Day quilt top. The fabrics are so pretty together and those FGs. The perfect border choice in my book. That new baby quilt pattern looks fun, and I'm not a fan of making log cabin blocks. It seems like you might need one other focus color besides the sage but I know you'll knock it out of the park. Finally, yes to more WP quilts. It's a niche that has gone untapped. You need to fill the demand! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne
piecefulwendy said…
I'm not surprised that your WP quilts are so popular, and I think it's a great idea to have some ready to roll for next year's grads. You've really been buzzing along on the gardening and outdoor things, too. Glad that new work station is working for you!
Well, I figured it out have to sign in with Google. Did not see that yesterday!
chrisknits said…
Love that baby quilt plan, and all the stuff you are piecing!!
Mary said…
Your new IKEA station looks fabulous. You have kept yourself so busy between inside and outside activities. I’ll bet the WP quilts are a huge hit. Yay!
Melva said…
Congrats on 3rd place! Thanks for sharing on sew & tell.
Kate said…
Congrats on all the progress last week. Love your new project pattern and your color selections. Looking forward to seeing that project develop.
Carol Andrews said…
Cheree you had another good week with so much progress on your projects. Congrats on the third place for the sweet quilt. Your new project looks like it's going to fun! Thank you for linki g with TDT.