Tuesday To:Do #40: Catching Up and ARMY WINS!

The big day is getting close--just 12 days
until Christmas.  Who has all their shopping
 done?  All the gifts wrapped? Everything else?
I'm getting close but I still need my lists to
keep me in line so it's time again to join the

Let's review last week because hey, it was a doozy!
You might want to grab a coffee for this one.

Last Week's Goals
1) The Big Bucket List Item
If you saw my IG posts, you figured it out:
We went to the Army/Navy game in Philadelphia
this past weekend!  And what a game to see!


We visited Philly's historical center several years
ago (see post here) so this time hubs and I spent
some time visiting Valley Forge.


Washington's Valley Forge headquarters.


The cadet drove down from WP on Friday afternoon
and stayed with us through Sunday.
(We had a good time with this waitress.  She felt bad
that she walked right into our selfie but I thought
it was funny and I had to show it to her!)


Saturday arrived!


Game day!

March-On (two hours before kick-off!)

Tickets are not easy to obtain, and unless you are
a major donor and/or alumni, your seats are chosen 
randomly for you.  So our seats weren't great--so high
 up there! yikes!--and we froze but we were there!


The cadet was actually in the very front row of the
Corps of Cadets section so he had a fantastic time!
Not only did he end up on the jumbotron multiple times,
he also showed up on the broadcast.  The in-laws
snapped this for us back home.

The rivalry between these two teams is huge--perhaps
the biggest in the country.  For them, it's practically
the Super Bowl.
We were a little worried when Army wasn't playing well
but in a crazy double overtime, they pulled it off and
it ended with a fantastic Army victory! 
The Army fans went WILD!


The cadets stormed the field and enjoyed the
much sought-after right to "sing second"!
What a thrill to be there!
These West Point experiences just keep coming!

I haven't had a chance to share that the Firsties
"branched" a couple weeks ago and our cadet
received his first choice--Infantry--so he is happy! 
 (He hopes to be a Ranger eventually.)
He also took first place in the first track meet
of the season and has been assigned Platoon
Leader for next semester.  Lots going on!


And Firstie/Senior pics also arrived.  These are
the only ones with the sword and the hat.
So, so cool right?!?

2) Finish/top off pre-holiday cleaning
All I accomplished here was cleaning out the
fridge but that's a big chore around here.

3) Start a gift for in-laws?
Hubs found something else so there won't need
to be any last-minute mad-quilt-making.
Whew!
But I need to get on this for next year because
I'd like to make them a quilt for their lake house.

4) Wedding gift quilt
Keep thinking on/looking for fabrics
No progress here.

On those pillows I mentioned last week...
I did get all of them done!  Yay!


These are for our basement family room.
.

...and these are for our bed.


I rushed them but I was able to get all of these
done before we headed out of town.


That pretty much wraps up my great week.

The cadet will be home in just a few days, and our
other son will be here soon after.  We all know
how nice it is to have everything done before the
guests arrive so that is my focus in the week to come.

1) Make cookies with the grandkids

2) Finish Christmas shopping & wrapping

3) Finish house cleaning

4) Work on that wedding quilt

Happy quilting!

Comments

Linda said…
Valley Forge would be my choice to visit for sure. Your weekend looks magnificent and the ending (Army win) was perfect. How exciting the Cadet was on national TV! I know you guys are so, so proud of him. And after all the excitement, to come home and clean the fridge - lol! Did you make those pillows? So cute. Thank you for sharing with To Do Tuesday!
Looks like a great trip! My hubby is a Navy veteran, so we were rooting for them, but happy for you and the cadet that it went in your favor. Those are really pretty pillows - they definitely make your house very festive!
grammajudyb said…
Wow, you are going to be busy! Love those pillows! All of them! Keep those WP photos coming! Is the Cadet your youngest son?
piecefulwendy said…
So many fun highlights from your weekend - I'm so glad you were able to be there. I recall our stop at Valley Forge years ago was a bit less impressive than we expected, but I'm glad we stopped. All those pillows are so fun! You've been very busy lately, but you have a fun week ahead! Enjoy!
Vicki in MN said…
Oh my what a fun post to showcase your fun times! Your pillows are a win win too!
Kathryn T said…
The game sounds amazing. Love the face of the waitress when she walks in accidentally on the photo. Your cushions are beautiful.
Home Sewn By Us said…
Hi Cheree! Twelve days. I haven't wrapped a thing yet. Plenty of time, though I know I'll be doing it the night before I need them. How fun being able to attend the Army/Navy game, especially since it's the cadet's last year. WOW - how cool that he made the broadcast and that it was captured. Those are memories for a lifetime. Yowza! You made a whole bunch of beautiful pillows. That is on my mental to-do list since the actual list got thrown away for a bunch of squirrel projects. Why not add a few more to the mix! It sounds like you had a fabulous week - here's to another one this week. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne
Ivani said…
Pretty and very festive pillows, Cheree.
You for sure have all the motifs to be a very proud mom.
How fun to see the game in person. We always rooted for different teams, depending on if we were at my 'Navy' grandfather's house or my 'Army' grandfather's. Glad you get your son's home for Christmas. We're heading to Alaska to spend the holiday with our grandkids (oldest son's first Christmas at home by himself, since he isn't coming). And yes, my shopping is done, but I can't wrap until I get to Alaska. Merry Christmas!
chrisknits said…
I walked in right at the end of the game, but must admit, we are Navy here, my Dad served in the Korean War. Love the pillows!! I am getting ready to make another for Christmas decorating, like 4 aren't enough? LOL Good luck with your goals!
Kate said…
Love the selfie with the waitress. Sometimes the unexpected is more fun. Looks like you had a great time at the game. Enjoy the holiday with both boys. We'll meet up with Grad Girl on Wednesday. Good luck with all your holiday prep.