A #9 Finish

 They say you should change things up every
now and then; don't be so predictable.
Today I thought I'd really put myself out there
and actually post on a different day of the week!
I know.  Shocking.

All kidding aside, maybe what's really shocking is
that I have completed my 9th quilt top of 2022!
And maybe a little more, this is my 700th post!
How did that happen?

But first let's link up over where my friend Wendy of
Pieceful Thoughts of My Quilting Life is hosting


The pattern is Peppermint Pines from Erica Arndt
of Erica Made Designs and finishes up at 74X86.

(I hope a finished top qualifies as a finish because
I'm currently between long-arms.  The new one arrives
in a week so then the real finishes can begin!)


A close-up reveals the sparkly silvery snow in the
background which I think makes it a little more
festive and fun for the holidays, though I think
this one could hang out all winter.

This is my second go at Peppermint Pines.


My first one, made a year ago, sits on our sofa
through the winter months.  Which means it's 
almost time to put it away...but definitely not yet.
We woke up to a bit of a winter wonderland.
Not yet spring.  Not yet.
Sigh.

Happy quilting!

Comments

Rebecca Grace said…
What a lovely finish, Cheree! That is such a sweet pattern, wintry festive without beating you over the head with Santa Claus and sleigh bells, if you know what I mean. Spring is on the way…
Vicki in MN said…
It's a flimsy finish;) and a very pretty one too!
piecefulwendy said…
I love that pattern, and the fabrics you used worked so well! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!
chrisknits said…
It definitely IS a finish, right? Lovely, and unfortunately, not time to put away! Brrr
I don't think shocking, I think amazing that you have finished 9 quilt tops already this year! Just wait until the new long arm comes to play! I love that background fabric, and the bit of plaid here and there in the trees. This is such a pretty one, Cheree!
Needled Mom said…
It looks great and I’ll count it a finish.
Home Sewn By Us said…
What??!! It's Friday and Cheree is posting. I surely have entered an alternate universe. This clinches that fact. Heck yes, #9 qualifies as a finish. There isn't any quilting police that is going to bar you, first of all. I think TGIFF is rather loose on the exact definition of finish, and Wendy would be the last person to call you out. So, yippee to #9 and a pretty quilt top it is. I am so much looking forward to seeing how you decide to quilt all of these tops. That would just about push me over the edge (to a third universe, I guess). {{Hugs}} Enjoy the weekend and stay warm. We missed almost all of the snow way up here! Fifties and sixties next week - woohoo! ~smile~ Roseanne
This counts as a finish to me and what a stunning finish it is.
Kate said…
Congrats on a very pretty finish. Hopefully all is ready for your new quilt finishing buddy. Have a great week!
Linda said…
You are out of control! LOL! Nice finish, love the pattern, and I LOVE sparkly fabric.