2022 TTD #8: Still Pining for a #9 Finish

Hello and welcome to Tuesday To-Do once again.
Time to link up to Texas Quilt Gal and see what's
been going on with me and the other quilters
over the past week.

From last week's list:

1)  Visit LQS "A"
Done.
I didn't find what I was after but you know?
 In the interest of making sure the trip wasn't a total bust,
I thought it was a good idea to get something for my
efforts.  I mean, driving all that way and all...


 I picked up just a bit of Edyta's fabrics and a clearance
goodie that just might fit in.  Pretty minimal amounts
but it's nice to have a start on the blues.  I felt I should
be more creative than just choosing the same fabrics
as in the book but I think it must be that once you see
her quilts made up in her fabrics, nothing else competes?

2)  Visit LQS "B"
No, but scheduled this week.

3) Continue on Pines
Done.
This one has been slow-going compared to
the way things have been around here lately.


All I can say is: lots of interruptions!
But, the center is together and the first border
put on.  Two more to go--likely today--and then
#9 will be done.  I'm not sure my shoulder can take
one more but 10 is my goal before Lucey arrives
in less than two weeks.  We'll see...  
(Ran out of time but next week I'll share more pics, 
especially of the sparkly gray snow background.)

4) Garden Time!
I did some early gardening, getting in all 4 kinds of
onions (red, yellow, white & scallions).  I decided to
put just a small amount of lettuce, spinach, beets
and radishes (white, red) in as well because the 
ground was prepped and rain on the way.
It's pretty cold still but they'll likely survive.

5) Prepare for Lucey
A little done.
(I'm not sure it'll ever all get done!)

Looking ahead...

Next week:
1) Finish Pines
2) Visit LQS "B"
3) Continue preparing for Lucey

Happy quilting!

Comments

I hope your shoulder can hold out - didn't you injure it last year or I'm I thinking of someone else?
Ivani said…
What a beautiful Christmas quilt Pines will be, Cheree.
You found beautiful blue fabrics.
Vicki in MN said…
Wishing you luck on all your goals for the week. Your new fabrics will make a great quilt. I need to put a blue quilt on my 'to do' list, you know when I run out of things to do, haha.
The pine tree quilt is gorgeous, Cheree! And you are gardening already - wowie! It's still frozen here in Colorado. But I do have daffodil sprouts that are about an inch tall. :)
Linda said…
I do love the pine tree quilt. I miss planting onion sets! I might just look for some, but not sure I want 50+ onions in our little beds here. I like your blues, and I agree, sometimes the pattern maker fabrics are the only ones I want!
Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday!
piecefulwendy said…
I am amazed at what you get done. I hope your shoulder holds out for quilt #10. I'm looking at the snow melting on my deck while you are writing about planting onions. Hope your visit to LQS #2 is more helpful!
Kathryn T said…
I really like Edyta's fabrics and have ended up with some still to use. I've made up a quilt and have blocks sewn but need to be sewn up in one of her mystery QALs. Love your pine tree top, going to be fabulous. Happy shopping and B.
Home Sewn By Us said…
Hi Cheree! I'm so glad you were able to take one for the team and finding something to buy at the LQS. I mean, all that driving with the cost of gas these days AND time away from your on-fire sewing! Ahh, definitely enjoy LQS "B". Since it's so close I am 100% certain you will find what you need there for sure. How can you not with their selection?!! Less than two weeks for Lucey?!! How darn exciting. You'll be ready one way or another. Even if you're moving things as it's coming across the threshold, you'll be fine. Then you'll be on-fire quilting all those tops that are patiently waiting. Good times!! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne
grammajudyb said…
Wow! In the garden! It’s snow again as I write this ! I’m so over it! I don’t have spring bulbs in my beds, so it’s just ugly brown around here! Do I sound like Debbie Downer? Sorry,
Love your Pine Quilt, you do accomplish so much!
Needled Mom said…
The blues are so pretty. Congratulations on your Pines. The little red pinwheels are so cute in that chain. Sorry you are still having problems with the shoulder. I hope it’ll be better by the time Lucey arrives.
chrisknits said…
I am getting to the place where I just love blues! The ones you picked up are gorgeous. Good luck with your weekly list!
Oh I love your pines quilt, so pretty! So are your new fabrics :) xx
Kate said…
Sorry you didn't find what you needed at the quilt shop, hopefully shop 2 will have what you need. You did come home with some fun stuff anyway.