February Monthly Goal

 It's been awhile since I participated in the
One Monthly Goal Link-Up over at Elm Street Quilts
but now that things have settled down and I'm
putting almost all of my time into my quilting
business, I'm ready to pick these back up again.


To catch up, my focus for the first part of this year
is to get 10 or more quilt tops made before
the arrival of my new long arm--an APQS Lucey.

I've learned so much from my old King Quilter and
I'm happy to say he will find himself quilt very loved
in a friend's sewing room where I can still visit him!
May they make lots of beautiful quilts together!

If getting a long arm is on your radar, my best piece
of advice would be to find the most inexpensive used
one you can and learn from it!  After four years, I knew
exactly what to look for and the decision to buy Lucey
was almost simple.  Almost.  I did ask a lot of questions
from the dealer and from a few bloggers who have their
own quilting quilting businesses.  They know who they
are!  (Thank you!)

Anyhoo, on to my February Goal!


I have a great start on this churn-dash project but I
want it to quickly become a finished top.  (I'm not sure
my fascination with Christmas quilts all of the sudden
but check my previous posts for two others!)


The pattern is "Grace" from the book County Seat Quilts
so I may just adopt that name and go for something like
Christmas Grace.  If I'm upping my quilt game by 110%
I find I need to be quicker at picking out these names!

This should be done by the end of the week but I'll see
you all back at the link-up at end of February!

Happy quilting!

Comments

piecefulwendy said…
That will be a pretty quilt, and I'm confident you'll get it done this month!
Beth said…
I love the pattern and your choice of fabrics. I can't wait to see the finished quilt.
Unknown said…
Definitely well loved! :)
Needled Mom said…
I always love a classic churn dash quilt. I'm sure it will be finished long before the end of February.
Sharon Kwilter said…
That's a lot of Xmas quilts. Do you keep them all?
Kate said…
Good luck with your goal for February! Looks like you've got a good start on it.
That is a pretty top. I look forward to seeing it quilted.
chrisknits said…
I have no doubt you will reach your goal!! Love Churn Dash Blocks!!!