Tuesday To-Do #15 & Freezing in April

Warm sunny spring days are starting to seem
like only fairy tales around here.  How is one
supposed to be motivated to do anything when
one is freezing cold?!?  And it's snowing!?
I had a bit of a busy week but I was able to
make at least a little progress on the to-do's:

Nine-Patch Hourglass
Load on long arm & pick panto.
Done.

Lattice Quilt 
There's a good chance I can get all
the blocks made this week.
Not much done.


I'm struggling to get into this one.  I'm not too
excited about how it's looking--yet. 


It looks better than this picture shows at least and
my experience tells me it should get better as it
grows.  Also, the piecing is a bit of a tug of war.
I'm using starch but I'm not sure it's helping.

HST's
Probably not going to happen this week either.
I was right.  Nothing here.

Gardening
It's early but...this week I'm going for all the rest
except for peppers, eggplant and tomatoes.
Done.
Timed perfectly to come up after this [lousy] freeze.
Wish I could say the same for the blooms on the
 fruit trees.   Another year without fruit.  Ugh.
Well, besides the strawberries.  They'll be fine.
(Financial portfolios aren't the only thing to diversify!)
I trimmed off all the asparagus worth picking and put
a light layer of straw over the potatoes and cabbage.
 I think anything else that's up should be fine.

Fabric Tracking


It's going the right direction--yay!
Not sure why these always end up blurry no matter
what I do but the end result there is a +10.10.  If I
can keep from buying for a few more weeks, this 
should finally be in the negative!

And next week's to-do's:

Nine-Patch Hourglass
Start quilting; think of a name.

Lattice Quilt
Going to try this again: get all blocks made.

HSTs
Open to whatever.
(Still want to try some outdoor sewing with these!)

Gardening
If the 10-day forecast looks good after this [dumb] freeze,
I'm putting in peppers, tomatoes and eggplant.  And all
the herbs.  I miss fresh basil the most over the winter so
I can't wait.  I always think rosemary is my favorite but
basil and thyme are right in there; sage is the taste of fall...


What can I say, I love them all!

Happy quilting!
Linking up to:

Comments

Linda said…
I like the fabrics in your woven blocks! I can’t wait to see your garden. We have one tomato plant that survived after planting four, but at least it’s doing well. We are due a freeze tonight here in north Texas, so my husband will to put one of those Home Depot plastic buckets over it!
I will be busy this afternoon preparing for the freeze - plastic buckets, bags and sheets will be coming out - glad I don't have much planted but will probably loose all the tiny apples on the apple tree if it gets too cold
I do like the fabrics you are using in your woven quilt! It's a bugger though when you have to struggle piecing :(
Have a great week and I hope the freezing temps remain at bay now!
Joyful Quilter said…
Your simply woven quilt is looking great. I just took a look at the pattern instructions...Yikes! Looks like you really have to pay attention to what you are doing. No wine with that quilt. ;o)
piecefulwendy said…
Your woven quilt is looking good, maybe you'll get into it more once the weird weather settles down (not sure why that should have anything to do with it, but that's how it works for me sometimes). Your projects are coming along. I'm sorry about the fruit trees :-( We are waiting for warmer weather here too.
Vicki in MN said…
The woven quilt looks a bit time consuming, I am sure it will be beautiful though. We had a couple nights of freeze too, we covered the fern leaf peony. We didn't get snow so all is good;)
Rebecca Grace said…
Your Woven quilt sure looks exciting to me! 😍
Bonnie said…
First off — your spread sheet comes up fine when you tap on it to see it by itself. After the month I’ve had I need to stop buying again. But I usually need fabric to finish a specific quilt. I’m trying to not buy fabric on speculation any more! Your freeze/snow? Became our 15 minute hail storm just now. Our temps are sinking into the low 30s tonight.
Needled Mom said…
Yeah...April snows are insults! Looks like your making headway in the piecing and the garden.
chrisknits said…
I'm liking the lattice project! Looks like you are getting things done. Thanks for linking up with To-Do Tuesday!
Marti said…
I was surprised to read that you weren't getting into the Simply Woven when I had just thought how much better I like your version. Keep it up; I think it will make a beautiful quilt.