Completed Thirties Blocks

Before we head into another busy weekend
I wanted to post the blocks I've made this week.


So far, I've just been working on the three blocks
in the "example quilt" that I like but today,
after I finish the third,
(not to be confusing but I'm making 3 of each block)
I hope to move on to making my own choices.

Friendship Block

I've made a pretty mess out of my 30's stash but it's
fun digging through and matching them up.

Family Block

I'm also enjoying the smaller 8" blocks.  I think this is
a good size for me--not too big, not too small.

Intersection Block
(only one done right now)

It's my plan to use the below fabric as sashing.
I have a whopping 14 yards so it will definitely go
on the back; hopefully it'll work in that sashing, too.


I snagged a whole bolt at $3/yd at MSQC 
earlier this year.  I had already purchased quite a bit or I
would have picked out a couple more bolts of other
30's fabrics.  I've regretted that decision ever since,
even in light of the fact I'm trying to cut back on my bolts.
That was a big bargain and 30's fabrics are always "in".
Or maybe I should just say they're traditional...like me.
I see a big bolt of that in my stash and it's like gold.
Anyway, I'm making a mental note for next time.


Our last big party is tomorrow night but it's should
mostly be out by the pool so it's just a little KP duty for us:
pulled pork sliders, chips and other snack foods
along with various cookies.  Easy enough.

Hopefully I'll still have a little time for quilting.
What's on the quilt menu this weekend for everyone?





Comments

Debbie said…
Great blocks....all so traditionally you! And that's a good thing to know what you will use and should buy to fill up the stash closet. You can always use FQ to fill in the gaps, but a steal is a steal!