As Christmas Nears

I'm completely ready for Christmas and now have a whole
week to do whatever pre-holiday fun I feel like.
That usually doesn't happen so I spent yesterday
kind of confused about the lack of hectic-ness in my life.
Today I had an appointment, did some baking and then
decided I might as well get some sewing done.


Not a lot of sewing--just the December block, but it's the last one
of the BOM so I suppose that makes it some decently special sewing.


It's finally time to put all of these together.
It would be nice to get another quilt or two finished before
the new year hits.  However, I haven't read anything in months, 
though I have listened to some books.  For me, not reading
is a lot like not quilting so I'd really like to fit a book or two
in over the next couple weeks as well.

I hope everyone is having a nice relaxing pre-holiday week too!


And I hope everyone's decor is holding up well.
I'm just curious what the 
average life expectancy of a pre-lit tree is these days.
It would be nice if it had waited till after Christmas at least!

Happy quilting!








Comments

Needled Mom said…
Your blocks are so pretty. It's great to have the free time at this time of the year.

It seems like the pre lit trees always have one section that decides not to light and it is a nightmare trying to find the fix.
I like your block. I try to read at least a little bit every night before bed. My mother has had pre-lit trees, and they never seem to last very long. We just have a plain artificial tree, and add our own lights. A string of lights (several strings for our tree) usually lasts about 6-7 years. Our tree is about 20 years old. Our youngest son said that he's waiting to inherit this tree ;) I hope he isn't planning on getting it anytime soon.