Scrappy "Mini"

I'm starting a project I've had on my Pinterest list for a few years.
Last Christmas, I received the book with this project in it
so it was a sign, right?

From Civil War Legacies by Carol Jenkins

Now here's one of those silly little details that aren't always apparent:
this quilt is tiny...as in 3" blocks.  The finish is 28"x36".


But after I thought about it a second I realized:

~ I've been wanting to do something small-scale
~ It would be a great side-project with my BOM & QAL
~ Easy to take to a friend's house for a quilting day
(a rare thing but we're hoping to squeeze one in very soon.)

After going through my scraps and then my stash, I ended up
cutting out at least triple what the directions call for.
And that's just my beginning.
I don't plan on making a full-sized quilt of 3" blocks but who knows?

I'm just going to see where this one goes.




Comments

You'll enjoy this one. It will be a quick, satisfying finish.
Debbie said…
I think this will be quite satisfying to make.