I Survived May '18 (And Completed a Quilt in the Middle of It!)

Ok, it's a little dramatic but the title does summarize how I feel.
This month topped 'em all for me--and I've had some busy ones.
The good news is, I did get that quilt finished in time!


I have to admit that I thought the "ripple" design would be easier to quilt. 
It seems like I just never know when it comes to the degree of difficulty
a pantograph design might have.  Or maybe it's more to do
with being well-rested.  Or what music is on. 
Or the number of interruptions.
(ok, that one is a definite!)  
In the end, I think the best bet is to just not have to rush!
But we all know sometimes it's unavoidable. 


I didn't get to see him open it so I'm
anxious to see what he thinks, though his mom assures
me he loves it, and I do have a pic of the moment.
Next I need to get started on my own son's dorm quilt!


We finished the craziness of May by flying off to Boston
with the boys for a fun but packed 5-day vacation:
Fenway Park/Red Sox game
Freedom Trail 
(Bunker Hill, Boston Massacre, Old North Church etc)
Cape Cod 
(a few light houses, the ocean)
John Adams tour in Quincy
Sam Adams Brewery Tour
Salem
(Nathaniel Hawthorne/House of the Seven Gables, oldest candy store in America)
LOTS of great local dining
Boston Aquarium

Boston Harbor 
(yes, we dumped in some tea!)

We had a wonderful time but it's also wonderful to be home.
And to just BE.
So I made a plan for the summer:
I'm saying no to everything.
No schedules and no major events.
Just be.




Comments

Debbie said…
Now that sounds like a plan! Quilt looks wonderful. You had a full month now to just be!
Hope you are doing much better now, especially after the vacation.