Just for Absolute Fun

Somehow I have a completely open day.
My mom was "going that way" and so
took the boys to school. 
My daughter is bringing them home.
I've only ventured out for coffee--less than a mile away.
(I know:  "What is this life and where do I find one???")
We had some great storms last night
(with some not-so great hail but the garden is fine)
so the only attention the garden needs is a few
casual walk-throughs.

(sorry, no creative background or editing on this pic--it's Lazy Day here!)

I really didn't have any plans, other than some knitting,
so when I came across these draw-string bags on
Peppermint Mocha Mama's blog this morning
 I was reminded that I've been wanting
to try those exact bags.  Goodness knows, I have
scraps so, above, is what I made.

Now just how often to you wander into your creative
space and come out with something completely
random, completely "just for the heck of it"?
Me?  Almost never.  That felt great.
  
_MG_5100.jpg

Now, also just for the heck of it, I'm going to make
 these, minus the frosting.
An after-school suprise for the kiddos.

Comments

annemarie said…
What a cute drawstring bag and you know I love that owl fabric! I am glad you got a "me" day for once!
Katy Cameron said…
Lucky you with a free day. I went into the office, kicked about waiting for work to be delivered that wasn't, and drew a paper pieced cat to photocopy there (hey the day had to be useful for SOMETHING!)
And here I was being not so subtle to my mama and inspired you - that's a win-win in my book. I love your little bags, they're precious.

How is your knitting coming along?