May Monthly Goal: Pepita II and Star Chain Finishes

Today I'm linking up to Stories From the Sewing Room's
 One Monthly Goal to share my newest project.

I've been pretty hit and miss on setting monthly goals this year
but hopefully as the year progresses, especially going into the
fall/quilt season, I'll do a better job of it.  It's not that I'm not
making the goals, it's stopping to write posts that's the struggle.

Now that the fessing up is out there, how about my May goal?


As I mentioned on my TTD post earlier this week, I have a 
request for another Pepita quilt so my goal is to bring that
to a complete finish and get it into the shop.


I'm not sure "blocks" is correct for this quilt so I'll just say parts:
I have all the parts done and I'm ready to put them into rows.
All 23 of them.  Sewing rows together is my least favorite part
of the process but those 82 cute pumpkins will keep it fun.


I have another quilt that's waiting for binding fabric to arrive
by mail so just to mention a second goal, I'm going to get this
Star Chain quilt finished up, photo'd and listed.

It's very early in the month so I think there's a high likelihood
that there will be a third finish, too.  I haven't started any yet
but I think it's time--or perhaps past time--to whip out some
patriotic quilts so I'll be headed to the red and blue sections
of my stash.  That's my only hint for now.

It's going to be a busy month but it has kicked off with lots of
rainy weather so it's been great for sewing.  Still squeezing in
some squishy golf whenever I can but hey, they make water-proof
shoes so it's all good.  Sticking with my yoga for back pain and
healthy eating so I can keep at all of my loves!

See you at the end of May when I check back in on all of these
goals.  I'm committed to having a post of multiple finishes!

Happy quilting!

Comments

Kate said…
Good luck with your May goals. We certainly need the rain, but sometimes it certainly seems that Mother Nature this year is going a bit overboard. Hope your back is doing better and you've got lots of energy for stitching and golf.
Linda said…
Looking forward to your next "Pepita" quilt! Love, love the Star Chain quilt. "squishy golf" - LOL! Texas is certainly having a typical spring - lots of rain and tornadoes around the state. Down south where we used to live it is flooding! Fun times. :)
Chrisknits said…
I've bookmarked that yoga, I was doing it a few years ago, but got out of the habit. I know I need to get back in the saddle to keep my neck and shoulders loose. Good luck with your goals! I love the piecing ,I hate the rowing. LOL
Anne-Marie said…
Good luck with your goals and take care of yourself. :)
Wishing you the best for your May goals. Love those teeny pumpkins.
Chrisknits said…
I have no doubt you will meet these goals! Love the quilting on that quilt.