'24 Tuesday To-Do #13: "Picnic"--a Finished Top

Welcome to another Tuesday update.
All of the blog hop action kept things busy around here last week!
If you missed out, check my post hereIt was such a fun experience
and I'm already looking forward to next year's hop.  I really enjoyed
putting my own spin on Gypsy to make Orchard Daze so I can't wait
to tackle 2 or 3--hopefully--of the selected patterns.

My list of winners has been turned in and they'll be notified soon.
I wish everyone could win but to those who did not, well, there is
always next year!  I am so grateful for all of the positive comments
and a HUGE welcome to all of my new subscribers!  I hope you are
able to hang out often and get acquainted.

Today's update is a quick one as I kind of ran out of time.
(How does that happen?!?)
Let's link up to these lovely blogs and look at last week:

Monday Musings by Songbird Designs
Tuesday To Do by Quilt Schmilt

* * * Week 12 Priority * * *
1) Finish "One-Roll Wonder"* top

(from The Big Book of Favorite Scrap Quilts)


With the gardening, blog hop and a family get-together
(carnitas and all the fixings--yum!), there wasn't quite
as much quilting but I did manage to get this top finished.

(sorry--quick pic!)
I've got my work cut out for me when I go to get pics of this
as a finished quilt for my Etsy site.  Hopefully the usual place
I use for photo shoots will work its magic and show how truly
cheery these fabrics are because they sure don't look it here.
Especially on this dreary day.

I struggled with the no-border/border issue, and then I struggled
with what fabric to use.  Finally, I crossed my fingers I'd be able to
deal with the loss of some backing fabric when I decided to use
some of it for the border.


And then I almost ripped the border right off because I just
wasn't feeling it but then hubs weighed in, saying to leave it.
So, after all that struggle and drama, I'm leaving it as is.
"Picnic" finished up at 68 x 88.

*Just a note on comments:
I ALWAYS respond to every comment but I did happen to notice
one that went through but I never got an email to reply to?
I have no idea if this happens often but if I don't reply for some
reason, I apologize, but it is beyond my control...at least I think it is?
So to Carolyn:  One Roll Wonder is indeed a jelly roll-friendly
pattern; however, I made strips from scraps for my version.

2) Continue Phase 2 of the Garden Re-Do

Poor hub's stay-cation was constantly interrupted with work
 so he's pretty disappointed that that he didn't get finished.
I'm just happy each bed is set and plumbed with its own faucet.
I filled half of them before the cold rain and snow moved in.


Half of the strawberries have been relocated to new low beds along
the fence (somewhat visible in lower right corner).  Another low bed
(along the fence in the back) will become the asparagus patch.
I'll move it over when I'm done harvesting it in a month or so.
With the bad weather, I wasn't able to get better, and more current,
pictures but those will come about in due time I'm sure.

Walk The Walk Challenge
I averaged 15,500K steps/day!

 Today I'm feeling it--and lamenting that the weather isn't allowing
for a round of golf to loosen things back up but it does allow
a whole day in the studio so let's start looking at those goals.

* * * Week 13 Priority * * *
Quilt and finish "Picnic" (aka, One-Roll Wonder)

2) Start on next quilt
I'd meant to have it picked out for this post but I just narrowed
it down to a handful.   I promise it'll be a good one.  Kind of
thinking fall or Halloween...or maybe a two-tone....
Stay tuned!

So fairly short and sweet this week but next week
should certainly be more entertaining!

Happy quilting!

Comments

Kate said…
Sounds like you've been really busy. You made good progress on last week's list. Good luck with this week's list. I have comments that don't show up in my email. Not sure why some do and others don't.
Linda said…
Picnic turned out great! Husbands can give some really good advice, can't they? Your fam get-together sounds yummy and fun. I'm looking forward to more garden pics! Those tubs look amazing. What did you fill them with - bags of soil or did you get a big load of soil and wheelbarrow/shovel it in? Each bed is plumbed and has a faucet? Wow!
I wish I resolve the "Anonymous" issue on my blog. I had so many anonymous comments, and despite my plea for them to leave their email address in their comment, many did not.
Rita said…
I know what you mean about borders. They’re tricky. I have ripped off more than my fair share.
Charlene Morris said…
I love the quilt. I have been cleaning out bins in sewing room and cut some strips the other day. I think this could do the first dent. I have over a decade(maybe two) of stash I have not touched for quite a long time.
Getting excited to see what is up your sleeve next.
piecefulwendy said…
I'm glad you left the border on - I think it looks great! I check my blog often to see if comments went to spam or are awaiting approval; otherwise, I usually get all my comments in my inbox. Your garden project is looking good, and yay for getting those steps in!
Diane said…
Picnic does look colorful! I know once you’ve quilted it, it will be amazing, & that border will just pull it all together!
Home Sewn By Us said…
Hi Cheree! Ooh, I hope you do another pumpkin quilt as I really need the inspiration and push to make one myself. I look forward to seeing what you do come up with! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne
chrisknits said…
I love the border on the Picnic quilt! It has the right vibe.
I'm glad you left the border, Cheree. I really like it. Have fun with your garden! Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!
Oh I like your one roll wonder quilt!!!
and those garden beds look cool - hope he can get back to them!