'23Tuesday To Do 42: Wonderful October

“Listen! The wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves.
We have had our summer evenings, now for October eves!”
— Humbert Wolfe


Hello hello hello!
The wind has really been rising and with the temps dropping
the leaves should be right behind any day now.
Oh, wonderful October, I just love everything about you!

It has been another busy week around here but I did
my best to get into the sewing room to at least work
on my priority project--which turned into a pretty big one. 
Join me and the others as we share our progress on Week 42

* * * Week 42 Priority * * *
Finish Monster Mash Project, take photos and work on post.
Progress, but still going.


I'm one of those "it's not finished until there are borders on" 
kinda quilters so on they went and suddenly I had an 82x108
queen-sized quilt.  With that some extra piecing was needed
to get the backing up to size so no, my blog hop project is not
a finish--yet but it's very soon to be.  After today's golf I'm
loading it up on the frame and tomorrow is quilting day!

I can't wait to share it with you next Monday so be sure to check
back...and hopefully I'll even have my listing pics for the post.

2) Continue garden clean-up as time allows:  progress

Pulled the rest of the tomatoes and gave the coop the
semi-annual deep clean needed before winter sets in.
I also potted all of the herbs that I want to bring in
for the winter.  

3) Keep walkin' the walk (and golfin' the golf)
Get in 10K+ steps at least 6 days/week.
Rocked it again.


For reference:
Sept 17-23:  12,439 ave
Sept 24-30:  14,441 ave
Oct 1-7:  14,747 ave

Somehow I continue to increase my weekly average without
even trying.  I'm just playing lots of golf and taking a short
(1 mile-ish) walk most evenings.  I'm sure the extreme cold
will change this but for now, well, hey,  not too shabby, eh?

And that's it for my weekly progress.  Not being able to show
my current project makes for a pretty boring list but that's
really all I have until next week.



* * * Week 43 Priority * * *
Quilt Monster Mash Project, take photos and work on post.

2)  Start on next project

I really don't have time but oh I love to cut out a new project so
I might have to make time!  I'm so behind on getting more items
into my Etsy shop so I'd love to get at least one more fall quilt
 made before I switch to the holidays (I'm really not ready!).
I hope it's not too late, but I feel like it probably is.

3)  Walk the Walk (Golf the Golf)
Continue with the 10K at least 6 days/week.
I'll have some news to share here next week.

4) Continue garden clean-up

Hubs is on vacation this week so there will be lots of golf along
with yard/garden work.  I'm not sure how I'll get all of these
things done yet but maybe I can just get up a little earlier,
or set up my small machine in front of the tv?  Or both?
And I'm behind on checking everyone's progress so I want
to remedy that this week somehow, too.
Busy busy, and the holidays aren't even here yet!

I promise a more picture-esque post next week!
Happy quilting!

Comments

Kate said…
Progress is progress, even if it feels like it's going too slowly. Enjoy your walking and golf playing. Those steps do add up. Good luck with this week's list.
Linda said…
I'm ready for fall to stay fall. Just read on the forecast that it will get back up in the 80s during the coming week, after enjoying 60s during the day and 40s at night. UGH! Those are impressive step stats! Looking forward to your photos and news. :)
Wonderful progress on that large quilt and I will enjoy seeing your photos. You are doing wonderful as well with the walking and I'm sure your body is thanking you for it. I find my energy is higher the more I move. Golfing is so much fun in beautiful areas. Happy Quilting!
piecefulwendy said…
I'm so proud of you keeping up those steps and enjoying the links! I'm curious what the news is, though! I'm confident you will get your Hop quilt finished, and I'll bet you sneak in another fall quilt, too! Cheering you on!
Carolyn said…
October is my favorite too! I am so impressed with how many steps you are able to get each day--you must be moving non-stop!
I'm looking forward to your new quilt. Enjoy the weather.
Karin said…
We are moving into summer over here and it is promising to be a very hot one. Not sure I am looking forward to that. Very impressed with your step count...looking forward to the blog hop project
Home Sewn By Us said…
Good morning, Cheree! Big congrats on continuing to Golf the Golf. Wow, that is an ambitious project for the hop but I know it will be beautiful. I hope you have another great week. {{Hugs}} a bunch! ~smile~ Roseanne