2023 Week 23 Tuesday To-Do

Hello motivated do'ers and welcome to the weekly

It's been a couple weeks...yet again.
When I left off last time, I listed just one goal
because it was "going to be a busy one".

* * * Week 21 Priority * * *
Find more fabrics and start on baby quilt.
DONE.
Because it's for a baby, I made it smaller.  And
because I was in a hurry I made it more scrappy.


Some of the low volumes look pretty similar in the
pic but in real life the pieces appear more varied.


Sage Stars is 43x53 and just needs binding and a label.
Both are made so it'll be a quick finish later today.
It was a fun quilt so I'm looking forward to making
it again soon but in its full size and more true
to the pattern.

Now, where is it I have been?
Off to West Point yet again!  But for the last time,
which is sad and yet a bit of a relief.


The cadet has graduated and we spent 9 days
celebrating.   Most of them were in New York and
a few were spent between here and there.   But,
as the celebrating isn't quite done, I'm going to have
to save that whole story for another post.
So on to my goals for next week:

* * * Week 23 Priority * * *
Bind and label Sage Stars

2) Quilt Versailles
Until now, I just called it "Opening Day" after the pattern.


Because of the prints in the fabrics, I was thinking French.
I once spent a whole glorious day walking among the
many gardens of Versailles so with all of those flowers,
 that name popped quickly into my head and stuck.

And that's it for me this week.
Right now my focus is on throwing an open house
grad party for the cadet--er, that is to say,
Second Lieutenant--this coming weekend and then,
dare I say it?  That is it for the travels and crazy times!
If I was a decent sleeper, I think I'd sleep for a week.
But as it is, I sleep horribly all the time so I guess I'll
just relax as much as I can in the sewing room!

Happy quilting.

Comments

Kate said…
Congrats to the new Second Lieutenant! That's an exciting weekend. The baby quilt turned out beautifully. Good luck with your goals this week. Even if you can't sleep well, hopefully you still got in some rest and recovery time before the next celebration.
piecefulwendy said…
It has been fun following all the WP celebrations. You've done well to get any quilting in before you left! Congratulations to E and your whole family!
Congratulations on your Second Lieutenant! The trip and the celebrations looked like a lot of fun from your posts on Instagram. The baby quilt is a pretty finish and Versailles will be, too. Have a great week!
grammajudyb said…
Oh boy, I love that neutrally ( is that a word?) baby quilt. So modern. Many new parents these days seem to be leaning toward neutrals and less vivid colors than, “back in my day!” But that was a looong time agoooo! 🙂
Congrats again to your E. And thanks for taking us along to the Acato share in the celebration!
Home Sewn By Us said…
Hi Cheree! Oh, that will be one open house not to miss! Big congratulations to the cadet turned Second Lieutenant. How wonderfully exciting and sad at the same time. What are his plans for the short-term future? I wish him all the best! Sage Stars turned out lovely. That focused corner in each of the stars makes me think of a shooting star, and I just love that quilting pattern. Versailles! During our visit, it absolutely poured the day we had allowed for the gardens. Nuts but we enjoyed the inside tour as well. I like to think it's a good reason to return someday. As far as sleeping goes, I've struggled with that for years and years. It's basically peaks and valleys for me, with more non-sleeping valleys. I would give anything to go back to my "yut" of falling asleep anywhere and anytime. Enjoy your sewing and especially that open house! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne
Ivani said…
Congratulations to the cadet turned Second Lieutenant! Love the baby quilt!
Carol Andrews said…
Congratulations to the Second Lieutenant and to the whole family for raising him and encouraging him to follow his dream. Cheree you must be thrilled that he has graduated and starting a new life and you can sit back and relax a bit more. Sage Stars and Versailles are both beautiful finishes. Well done on keeping up with last week's list with all you had going on. Hope this week was fun and you managed to sleep a bit. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday.