Tuesday To-Do Post 15

Hello motivated do'ers and welcome to the weekly
and Sew & Tell hosted by Melva Loves Scraps!

April is just rolling right on by isn't it?
It wasn't a hugely productive week but it was
a good one and that's what matters most, right?
Let's have a look:

* * * Week 15 Priority * * *

Work on "Autumn Shimmer 2"
Still picking fabrics but stopped to work on #2 (below)

2) Cut out and piece blocks on charity quilt
Done!
I cut out and pieced the entire top and made the
backing and binding.  It's just waiting for quilting.
The reveal will have to wait a few weeks, though.

3) Start on surprise [gift] quilt
DONE!


The pattern is "Opening Day" by Carrie Nelson and can
be found in The Big Book of Lap Quilts (Martingale).  


I chose the  "Threads That Bind" (Blackbird Designs, Moda)
fat quarter set.  I was hesitant to buy something so flowery 
back when I got it but the colors and prints have been
a real joy to work with.  Perhaps it's the spring season?


All the pieces are cut out and here is where I sit with
the construction.  Not a bad start.
I thought this would be a surprise gift but something
has been telling me that it might not be the right
thing to do so it's likely to end up in my shop.

4) Catch up on Edyta's QAL
Not yet (sigh).  Eh, it's only April.

5) Get pics of 4 finished quilts and list
Still waiting on good conditions.

Note:  West Point Stars #6 still needs binding
but my stash has nothing for it.  I won't get to
a quilt shop for a couple weeks so it's on hold.

Other news:
I had an amazing golf week!
I hopped on very early one morning when I could totally
relax and just enjoy a round with no one else around.
Well, I enjoyed myself right into an 85, eight whole strokes
off my previous low score!  After just 1.5+ years of playing,
I'm so hooked!  I think if it weren't for quilting, I'd go every day.

My chip on #18; I finally got the par that
has eluded me on that hole!

To be transparent, it's not a difficult course but I'm very
happy with it and how I played.  Like the above shot,
everything just worked!
(If only I could relax that much when playing with others!)


Hub's company has a suite at our city's arena so we were
able to see Toto and Journey in concert last week and they
did not disappoint!  I wasn't a crazy fan back in the day
but I always liked both bands a lot and it was great to
hear all of the hits--and I mean all of them!

The Journey finalé.

Maybe I just needed a good night out? but I
really enjoyed the evening.

The week ahead is going to be very busy.
Today I'm squeezing in my church sewing group, a
massage (uh, yardwork!) and finally a quilt guild
meeting.  I haven't gone in months and I have a
finished charity quilt and blocks to return.  Also once
a year The Batting Super Sale store (KS City) makes a trip
down to our meeting.  They give us the heads-up and
we are all able to place discounted (no shipping!) orders
that they will bring with them.  You betcha I ordered a
LOT of batting along with Glide thread and prewounds.
 I just hope I can fit it all in my car (and in my closets)!

But first, if you're reading this early, I'm already enjoying
another one of those rounds of golf by myself.  Later this
week: a baseball game (work event/suite), a couple rounds
of golf with the hubs, a retirement party, and yard work.
Will any quilting get done?!?

* * * Week 16 Priority * * *
Make progress on Autumn Shimmer #2

2) Work on floral quilt (and a name)

3) Catch up on Edyta's QAL

4) Piece 2nd layer-cake quilt (chain)
[pushed back, just keeping it on the list]

5) Find a binding for WP Stars 6

6) Get pics of 4 (5 if the WP Stars gets binding) finishes; list

The grands on Easter

Happy quilting

Comments

Ivani said…
Great start with the Opening Day stars.
Looks like you had a wonderful week,Cheree. But the grandkids photo is the icing on the cake. Adorable.
You also have great plans for this week. Have a good time.
chrisknits said…
Wow, I'm tired just reading your list!! What a sweet pic of the grands. Hubster just got fitted for new clubs so he is impatiently waiting their arrival. LOL!
Anne-Marie said…
So many accomplishments! What a great week you've had.
Kathleen said…
What a good week you had! I was sewing last week - very productive on a retreat. This week is unpacking what I worked on and getting back into my studio projects. Hope you have a fabulous week golfing, baseball and maybe some sewing!
piecefulwendy said…
Well, I'm really impressed with that chip! It is such a great feeling to have a good hole like that! You're doing well, balancing all the fun stuff going on! Your grands are cuties!
Home Sewn By Us said…
Hi Cheree! April is just rolling by so quickly. EEK! It will be half over by the end of the week. And that picture of the grands on Easter!! How darn sweet are they?! That batting/Gilde sale sounds way cool. We've been using the Glide thread with the pre-wound bobbins on my friend's longarm and they seem to work very well. No issues with tension, it seems. It's so nice to not have to play around with that although we check it for each quilt top. I would love to have seen the Journey concert. I wasn't a big fan back in the day but do enjoy them now. It looks like it was a fun evening! Your fabric pull for Opening Day looks pretty but you can't go wrong with stars in my book. Happy Tuesday to you. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne
I missed your post on Tuesday, but glad I found you today! What cute grands! Hope you had a lovely Easter. My group played our first round of golf this week, and it was the perfect day for it! I'm so glad we're back to golf season. Those stars are really pretty - looks like a beautiful bundle of fabric for that design! Have a fun week!
Kate said…
Even if you didn't get to all of your list, you still had a good week. Opening Day is going to be a really nice quilt. Good luck with this week's list. Wishing you really good weather for golfing and baseball.
Kathryn T said…
Delightful grandies. Love that star quilt you have begun. A busy week for sure, hope the weather comes up to par and the conditions are right for photos.
Aw look at those faces! Just beautiful! I think you are amazingly productive...I love those fabrics and the stars. Sometimes you have to see fabrics up close to really appreciate them. How kind you are to sew for charity too. I find with golfing there is usually that one good stroke that keeps you wanting to go back again. Enjoy it all!
Carol Andrews said…
Cheree you had another stellar week. Congrats on the 85! Love seeing the grands photo and all of your lovely projects being progressed along. Your Opening Day quilt is going to be a pretty fquilt I think. Great job on your last week's list. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday. Hope this week is filled with fun stitching, not so painful yard work and more golf.
I bet that was a great concert! I like that pattern you are working on. I can't remember if that is one of the books I ordered from Martingale or not. Congrats on your golfing.