October Monthly Goal

 Welcome beautiful October!


I love this picture from our last trip up to West Point.
This is the town just outside the gate.  Everything is so
beautiful up there right now and we're really missing it
and our son. Time flies though so maybe we'll be
back up there before we know it.  New England in
the 
fall should be on everyone's bucket list!
As I write this, I am listening to this beautiful music
on Youtube; it's accompanied with some amazing
footage from up there. Yes, it's really that pretty
everywhere you go!

Well, we've already flown into October so it's link-up
I'm taking a blogging break for some fun
(watch for shop hop pics and story next week!)
but I wanted to get my October goal in today.
I only have one major project going at the moment
so choosing a monthly goal is simple:


Finish these blocks and sew them into a top.
This is the double mini-9-patch from MSQC
but I am making mine a little larger so it will
fit a queen-sized bed.   I'm not sure what I want
to do with the border.  What color to bring out?
One?  All?  Maybe the shop hop will decide
but I'm kind of thinking gold and naming it
September Glow...or something along those lines.

Good luck to all on your monthly goals.
Happy quilting!

Comments

Something orange or rust colored. Have fun on the shop hop.
Needled Mom said…
Gorgeous fall colors. Fall in New England IS on my short list.
Marly said…
Ingenious design. All the subtle colours you've chosen are going to make this a beautiful quilt.
Nann said…
At first I thought it was Burgoyne Surrounded but on second look it's a double nine-patch. Maybe the Burgoyne idea came from your reference to West Point since that's near Saratoga where Burgoyne was indeed surrounded....You could try a simple border of tan/brown/tan.
piecefulwendy said…
September Glow is a great name; the quilt does glow! New England in the fall is definitely something everyone should see. Our fall colors up north this year have been amazing, so I imagine New England is the same. Fall is my favorite season!
Kate said…
Good luck with your October OMG. It's going to be a beautiful quilt, it has a nice glow already, so gold should work well.
Paige said…
Someday I hope to see a New England fall! Good luck completing the top. And, fitting name!
Patty said…
Great blocks! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.