Welcoming November with A Finish and Planning New Projects

 Crazy that we're welcoming November already but there it is.


Well what better way to start off a major month
of sewing than with a great finish?

The Halloween quilt is completely done!


It seems like whenever I make a "controlled scrappy" quilt,
I have the most fun.  I was so excited when I found out I had
just enough of the star "leg" fabric to use for the backing...
until I realized it really wasn't enough.


Stay calm!  Peace Pieces will reign!
With plenty of squares leftover I decided to whip out
a nice "extender" making it  just enough, and more fun.
I really need to add effects like this to my backings more often...

I threw around several names for this one and settled on
"Halloween Candy". 


Maybe this is a kinda like buying Halloween candy for the little
ghouls and goblins that stop by...and then eating it instead.
This quilt is too yummy to pass out so it's a keeper.
(Guess I'll just have to make more!)

And what do you know? It's time to start on Christmas gifts!
So off I went today to the LQS's "end-of-the-bolt" sale.
($2/yd off all fabric, $3/yd off if you buy what's left on the bolt)


The above jelly roll is for my next quilt--a Christmas gift.
Today I found the very light ivory fabric for the background
and the green for binding and maybe a small border.

Next I grabbed just a little of this for some placemats that will be
a Christmas gift--a specific request to match a table runner.
More on that as I make them.


And lastly, to match the second quilt I'll be making out of the above
layer cake this month, I found these 2 yards left on a bolt and couldn't
pass it up.  Every other fabric in the "cake" has a smaller print so I think
this would be great for a border.  More on that one as I get to it.
I love the colors in both of these precuts so much but the deep rich
tones of this Kansas Troubles Fabric just gets me.
Trick-or-treat!  Yep, this one might just be a keeper, too.

Pretty excited to start cutting into one of these new projects today!
☕    But first:  coffee!    ☕

Happy quilting!

Comments

Debbie said…
The candy quilt is just great...I can see why you are keeping it. The back piecing is just the perfect finish too. Great job on this one. Oh, you have some good plans for the next month so I will be waiting the journey.
Needled Mom said…
I love your Halloween quilt and the color pop on the backing is delightful.
The Halloween quilt turned out great. Nice fabrics you found. Have fun stitching with them.