Shop Hop Fun: Purchases and Prizes

This week flew by as I kept myself 
pretty busy in the sewing room.  I made some
great progress that I can't wait to share but, 
right now, it's time for Shop Hop Show & Tell.


I hit all of these 11 shops on Friday  
 for a total of 425 miles.


I'll just share a couple pics.

A fabric is designed specifically for our shop hop.
Each shop creates its own quilt displaying the fabric
which always has a Kansas-theme to it.


Love the quilting this shop always displays!


A little fall fun.



This one is a BOM class.  I was instantly attracted
to it because of the skates.  
(Many moons ago, I did a little figure skating myself, lessons and all.)
Sadly, the class is full.  Ah, well.  
Stick to my own list of to-do's, right?


  Excuse the bugs on my windshield but the sun was
setting on a great day just as I turned into our drive.
 Home sweet home...
and now with a little more fabric in it!

Random bits for different things.

Just a little.  I didn't go nuts or anything.

I found the fabrics on the right while on last year's hop; 
as luck woud have it, I found even more of this line, 
on the left, in the clearance racks this year at a different shop.


This is my most exciting find.  I bought quite a bit of this.  
I just love it all, and can't wait to figure out what to make with it!

Speaking of luck, I mentioned prizes, didn't I?
Every shop donates items to make up gift
baskets to be given away as door prizes,
along with a couple really overall big prizes.
I'm generally not a real lucky person but for some
reason, I have won a door prize more often than
not on these things--and that's out of thousands
of shoppers.  


Here's my prize haul.
Yes, I won again this year!
How does that happen??

 
Layer cake!  All grays and blacks.

Fat quarter 6-pack of floral/bird fabrics.

Another 6 pack, 2 or 3 of which may work for Civil War fabrics--some day!

3 Christmas fat quarters

Another 6-pack.

10 of these awesome Riley Blake Chevron fat quarters in all colors.
I have no idea what to do with them!  How do you put these into a quilt?
I don't want to cut them up too much.

 
Some books, patterns and buttons

Charms and other fun things I can always use!

And all bundled up in an American tote bag.
I figure that more than pays for my gas, right!?
Not to mention the fun I had.
Yay, me.











Comments

Debbie said…
What a haul!!!! So glad you had a good/fun day of shopping and finding those items you wanted! I would not think of doing 425 miles in one day....you had a mission for sure. Got to say the red fabric line you stocked up on is so cool......it will make a great seasonal quilt. Have fun.