Peach Butter and Bourbon Vanilla Bean Peach Jam

More peachy recipe reviews today:

Striving for simple and healthy, I made
several batches of peach butter.


I make a lot of yogurt and I like to have fruit to blend into it.
Pinterest gave me some great ideas for peach butter,
which is just like apple butter, by the way.

There is no real recipe here.
You can make it on the stove or in the crockpot 
(leaving the lid ajar as you want to reduce liquid)
and you can add spices (such as cinnamon or nutmeg)
and/or vanilla bean.
 (scrape out the beans into the "butter"; 
the pods go in as well but remove before canning)


For yogurt I prefer to leave the spices out and
just add the vanilla and some sugar to taste.  
Cook it down till it thickens and can. 
(water bath for 10 minutes, a little more if you're like me)
Everything I came across said it could be canned but
I was a little concerned so I added some lemon
juice for acidity just in case.

Bearing that in mind, I also put a big batch 
into the freezer as well.


Now, how about that bourbon-vanilla peach jam?
Wouldn't that make a good little gift for a guy?

I love me some vanilla bean!

I lost my recipe so I had to try out a couple new ones.
I like this one from Yummly best.
It calls for a whole 1/2 c of bourbon.
And I used the good stuff--worth it.
Just don't tell my hubs.


I have one more peach recipe to
share but I'll save that for next time.


Comments

Katy Cameron said…
Lol, I'm having visions of your poor husband going thirsty... ;o)