Family Birthday Board

Oh, Pinterest, how do I love thee?
Let me count the ways!
Everything I need for ideas and inspiration--
and then keeps track of it all for me, too!


Like this awesome idea!  
Perfect for grandparents, right?
And a perfect project for a family to make together...
which also makes it the best kind of gift to give.


Out came my sadly neglected Cricut
to cut the "FAMILY" out of scrapbook paper
and the "birthdays" and months out of vinyl.
My other jobs were painting 
(kids can help here, too)
Modge-Podge'ing and ribbon-tying.  
Oh, and parts-ordering.
(found the wood discs here, other hardware at Lowes and Michael's)

(Poor dh--wasn't feeling well....and I put him to work!) 
And the dh?  One of his first jobs was at a 
sign-making company so this was a piece of cake.
He cut, routed, drilled the holes in the boards
and in the wood discs, placed all hardware and, 
of course, placement of all lettering.  
I often tease that he has his own font so he 
penned the birthdates as well.


I have no way of knowing whose idea this was
originally but I wish I could credit them.
I'm pretty sure this is going get around quickly!  
Everyone who saw ours loves it! 






Comments

Debbie said…
Love those handy men! Really cute idea as I am so bad at remembering!
Katy Cameron said…
Great project for the whole family! Think the adults will need to stop having so much summer fun though before the whole thing becomes even more lopsided ;o)
Sheila said…
So cute! I so need one of these Cricut machines everyone talks about!
Whynow2012 said…
I am not sure if I'm leaving this message in the correct spot. I have been wanting to purchase one of these Birthday boards for my daughters teacher for her class room. But I have some changes. Please let me know if you can help.
Anonymous said…
Hi. Love your "Family" board! I was wondering if you'd give more details, pleas: board size, disc size, and jump ring info? Thank You! Julie
Anonymous said…
Hi. Love your "Family" board! I was wondering if you'd give more details, pleas: board size, disc size, and jump ring info? Thank You! Julie