02 April 2012

Weekend Haul

A local business was selling off the stash of
a long-time employee to help cover some of 
her expenses after she passed away.


I needed to fly home after my son's soccer game
(Chicken Coop Moving Day!)
but I just had to run in for a quick glance-and-grab.


Two 100g skeins JL Cetus 50% acryllic, 50% wool
1 100g skein Magallanes 100% hand-dyed wool
2 balls Ice yarns (top) (doesn't list amount)


2 50g skeins sock yarn
50% superwash merino, 25% bamboo, 25% nylon 
(can I assume that one is a complete skein?  I think so.)
3 rotary cutter blades
(they were in pkgs so they are new)


Egg Money Quilts -- always thought I wouldn't mind
having this; not that impressed with it but I suppose
it's a good addition to my collection.



An insane amount of needles--most of which
I have but mine are mostly all metal and I've
learned I'm preferring wood/bamboo, esp for
knitting in the round.  They don't seem to be
super-great brands but I think they'll do.


I may just share some of the duplicates.


In some ways, I hate to add to my stash.
In other ways, I love to add to my stash!  LOL
Tell me, for $20, how did I do?

5 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Well if nothing else you supported a good cause :o)

Debbie said...

Not a knitter...but sounds like you made a haul. The EB book is always worth having for her techniques are tried and true. Great deal all round.

annemarie said...

I think you did real well - the three rotary cutters alone are worth more than $20! Plus it was for a good cause - that always makes one feel good.

Peppermint Mocha Mama said...

Considering that normally, that would only by one of those hanks (maybe two depending), I think you did fairly well. I love the bright colors - so cheerful. What weight are they? They look to be worsted but anything sitting next to sock yarn looks thicker.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I've done 11 of the 12 blocks from Egg Money quilts. I used Civil War fabrics and loved it. I really need to pull it out and finish that last block.

I really enjoy your comments (I do my best to respond to every one) and Followers are the greatest! Please stop in for a visit, let me know your thoughts and feel free to follow away!



Total Pageviews