01 March 2012

Dear Yarn: What Do You Want To Be When You Grow Up?

On my little day-trip, I visited the local yarn shop.
Now, I've been determined not to built a yarn stash to
equal my fabric supply--but I found a 40% off bin
and started thinking about Christmas gifts.
"It is important to have goals," 
I said to that selection of yarn. 
And thus began the interview process. 
Look who made the cut:


Now, I will admit that this sock yarn wasn't
 among the 40% off applicants:


But, oh, he was a bold one! 
He overheard the interview and yelled out
 his intentions boisterously across the aisle! 
Such confidence could not be ignored.
He and a co-worker got the job as well.
I have high expectations for these two.

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Great finds! How could you NOT buy them with all the yelling and begging going on LOL! Cute post!
Can't wait to see what you make :)
Sherry's Bees Nest

Katy Cameron said...

Lol, have fun!

annemarie said...

Love your sense of humor - I would find that yarn hard to resist also!

Peppermint Mocha Mama said...

When they tell you what they want to be, you just can't ignore them - I know I can't... plus it's nice to see that someone else talks to the yarn to find out if it will be a beautiful relationship or an exercise in patience and restraint.

I can't wait to watch them grow up - oh, and don't deny your stash... it's a good thing.

I really enjoy your comments (I do my best to respond to every one) and Followers are the greatest! Please stop in for a visit, let me know your thoughts and feel free to follow away!



Total Pageviews