Cate's College Quilt

I made this quilt for Briana last Christmas. 
At this point, it was only pieced--I still had to
layer, quilt and bind it. 
I really enjoyed this quick, easy moda pattern:
Moda Bake Shop Christmas Table Topper
If you are new to quilting or don't have
a lot of time for it, I really recommend
trying this one out. 

 


I've completed other fun projects for Briana's room like this: 


Briana's turned out so well and looks great in her room, especially on her bed, so I promised one to my older daughter for when she headed off to college.  That's actually in just a few days so I need to get busy, huh?
 


These are the colors she's chosen for her dorm. (Excuse the cel phone pic.)  The blocks are in random order here but I do have a plan.
  I hope to have the sashing on tomorrow &, if I can fit in a trip back to the store for the border & batting, it really shouldn't take too long to finish up.  However, school starts for my other kids so, with open houses, appointments and getting Cate ready to go...well, we'll see!
 

Comments