Week 32 Check-In

I'm afraid to even write it but August is treating us well.
Unseasonably low temps and rain:  hallelujah!
(Am I tempting fate by putting it in writing?)
And what a way to get in the mood for fall quilting!
I've kicked off my peak quilt season decently early which,
in turn, will effectively alleviate some stress later.  Cool, eh?

Let's get right to it:

* * * Week 32 Priority * * *
Finish Hello Pumpkin Flannel Fall top and name it


I don't know about Flannel Fall yet--still thinking, but it's mostly
finished and awaiting fabric for completion.  Wondering why it hadn't
 arrived yet, I finally discovered that my fabric order got "bundled" when
I know I avoided this option to get it here more quickly, especially after
I'd met the free shipping amount?!  Pretty annoyed there because I need
this done asap but perhaps I am wrong, and such is life, I guess.  

2) Start cutting out next quilt


Cut out and piecing has begun.  And I'm drooling over all this
flannel--Maywood Woolies and Primitive Gatherings.  All this time,
I have had every intention of moving out every snibble of flannel
but, Lord help me, I love this stuff.  You haven't pet fabric yet if
you haven't stroked Woolies Flannel.  So far, I'm containing myself
but I'm still going to need to make a scrappy one in the future to
use it all up, and I suspect that, as with both of these, I'll need to
buy just a bit more to finish that one, too!  And if I come across
any on a clearance rack, it'll all be over.  I'll finally just in the
towel and find an official residence for flannel in my cabinet.


Anyhoo, here's the pattern for my latest:  Autumn Spice.
A few Fabric Basket patterns are favorites with me but oh my gosh,
can we not spread the cutting directions throughout?  Anyone?
I need them all at the beginning.  So with these, I have to highlight
all cutting instructions before I start so I can see them more clearly as
I cut everything out first, but it still kinda throws my game, ya know?
I love their designs but oy, my brain just works in a different order.

Other things:


The garden is starting to wind down a bit,
giving way to the pumpkins and gourds.  


The aphids are finding their way into these new crops. 


But hey, so are the ladybugs, who are very busy
multiplying so I am doing my best to be patient. 


It really should be any day now that they get on top of the situation.

Golf has been minimal.  I won't go into it but I'm hurt so I had
to take some time off.  PT/Chiropractor appointments abound but
I'm starting to get back at it very slowly.  I was like a caged animal
there for a couple weeks, especially with a big golf trip coming up,
but at least I had my quilting to fall back on...until I realized that
sitting at a sewing machine was making me worse--not better.
Gone are the all-day sewing stints I guess.  I'll miss those.
I'm hopeful that the healing steps up quite a bit this week
because it's just time, okay!?!

Meanwhile, with some travelling coming up, I'm trying to get done
all the little odds and ends around the house that I've put off
because 1) I want them off my mind when I travel and 2) who really
 wants to come home to that?!  I've also started bringing out the
fall decor.  The next months are shaping up to be rather fun-busy
so I thought I'd just get it out now.  I can't get enough of it anyway,
but I'll save the actual Halloween-themed things for later.

Looking ahead
As it is currently raining, the week ahead is looking great.  A garden
well-watered and minimal golf means uninterrupted quilting time!

* * * Week 33 Priority * * *
Finish Autumn Spice and name

2) If fabric arrives, finish Flannel Fall

3) Start looking into 2 or 3 more fall quilts

Happy quilting!

Linking up to:
Monday Musings by Songbird Designs
Tuesday To Do by Quilt Schmilt
Sew & Tell by Melva Loves Scraps

Comments

Melva said…
I'm so sorry to hear you've been hurting. That's the worst. I hope that you find the perfect balance to keep up with the quilts and heal your back. Thanks for sharing in my Sew & Tell party. Blessings. :)
piecefulwendy said…
Autumn Spice is a very cute pattern! Glad you are taking time to recover a bit. I need to think about fall decor!
Kate said…
Sorry you've been hurting, that's never fun. And even worse that sewing time makes it worse. Been there and hated it. You've got some gorgeous fall flannel quilts in the works. Hope you can get lots done before your travels.
Linda said…
I've noticed your weather almost always has clouds/rain. I keep an eye out because I'm still trying to convince Hubs we need to move farther north than Oklahoma. ;)
I have not sewn with Woolies Flannel, so naturally I had to Google it and found some on sale at Missouri Star - I'm trying so hard to resist.
YES on Margot's patterns - ugh - I love her patterns but that is my biggest pet peeve. My brain was exhausted when I made Hocus Pocus. Highlighting the cutting instructions is a great idea.
I love that little baby pumpkin, and go ladybugs!
I hope your Scotland golf trip is still on.
Sorry you are hurt. I hope you heal quickly. Glad you had a good garden. We bought 3 zucchini plants, One died, one didn't produce anything and the 3rd turned out to be a yellow squash (only 4 yellow squash this year). Dud of a garden this year. Enjoy your trip. PS: Thought of you during the pole vaulting at the Olympics. Hope your son is doing well.