Tuesday To Do 41: Enjoying the Fall


Hello!  It's Week 41 of Quilt Schmilt's Tuesday To-Do 
and Melva Loves Scraps' Sew & Tell so it's time to again
check on the progress that everyone made last week.

For me, fall provides the best motivation for quilting.  And for golf.
I seem to want to do both all the time but I'm trying to keep some
balance....sorta.  Golf is currently winning because the weather has
 just been too beautiful not to be out there.  Plus, there's that
Walk the Walk Challenge, but we'll get to that in a bit.
First, I'll share the ol' progress report.

* * * Week 41 Priority * * *
SHOP HOP week!


I only took a few photos this year to share.


I just love anything with an Irish chain.  Kinda wishing
I'd picked up the little panels that are in this quilt.


I picked this pattern up along with a couple panels and four
of the fabrics in the collection.  I'm hoping I can supplement
enough from my own stash to get two of these made.


Aw, pretty!



Pumpkins.  I'm always into pumpkins.
Toss in some plaid and I'm even happier.


This is just me documenting a particularly large flannel
section that includes so many of the Woolies collection.
I'm slowing getting into the flannels--darn it--and now
I know where to go for the best selection.
This is NOT something my stash needs but they're just
so soft and so pretty and...

(I guess I should look into some plaid flannel pumpkins?
Not sure I could handle that much fallishly fun!)


One shop's 2023 shop hop quilt.  I like the layout,
though I would've put the border all around.


On almost every hop, there is one pattern that just
jumps right out at me.  Here's this year's winner!
Hoping to dive into this one very soon...
(Thinking after my next two quilts.)

2) Finish Monster Mash secret project top--NOT DONE.


Somebody's been playing too much golf but hey, I made
quite a lot of progress on this and I'm happy enough.
It's just taking some planning to keep it random
and that is taking more time than I'd expected.

3) Keep walkin' the walk
Two weeks ago, my daily average was 12,439 and
last week's was 14,441.  But hey, check out this week's:


It's become rather addictive watching these numbers go up!
One more shout out to Roseanne over at Home Sewn By Us for
getting me going here.  Anyone else rocking the daily steps?


Where do all of my steps come from?
I played 13 rounds in 17 days, and on one of those off-days, was
an intense driving range session (2 buckets & 30+ mins chipping).
I walked all but one of those rounds.

4) IF TIME:  Work on garden clean up.

We had a slight threat of freeze so I made time.
I picked 50 lbs of tomatoes and made 6 bags of what I call
chili starter.  (Usually tomatoes, Anaheim chilies, onions, maybe
a little bell pepper--whatever I have from the garden at that time.)
Mostly it's about the flavor of the Anaheims, but it sure is nice
having that starter to toss into the crockpot and then I build the
chili from there.  I still have lots more tomatoes to work with as they
 ripen fully.  I'm thinking I'll can these Italian-style, to make use of the
herbs before the cold hits.   Gotta capture those flavors!
 I pulled 2 of the tomato plants--a start.

I picked a few more pumpkins, adding them to our display.
It didn't fully freeze but I noticed a few pumpkin leaves got hit.
Still lots growing out there so I'm grateful it held off and that the
forecast  is currently showing no more threats of freezing although
next Sunday's low is 38.  I'll have to keep an eye on that.

5) Get an updated porch pic.


This was easy enough.  Yep, I grew every one of them
and, as I mentioned, there are many more to come.

* * * Week 42 Priority * * *
Finish Monster Mash Project, take photos and work on post.
That's a handful but somehow it's gotta get done.

2) Garden clean-up continues
Pull more tomatoes & pot herbs to bring in for the winter

3) Keep walkin' the walk (golfin' the golf?!?)

Until next week, happy quilting!

Comments

Linda said…
That is an impressive display of homegrown pumpkins - wow! You and Roseanne inspired me to finally start walking on the treadmill that Hubs bought, and I've had a couple times on the stationary bike too, but nothing in my steps approaches yours! But I sure feel better, and I hope to improve on my numbers. Your shop hop looks like so much fun - love all the pumpkin quilts!
I'm a walker too but mainly treadmill besides every day stuff. From April to end of September I had been in a walking boot first for for my left foot then the right foot with barely any time in between to get back in shape --so I got out of shape, finally now back to walking again and proud to get my average of 10,000 steps a day back. Before that I had been up to 11-12,000 -would be nice to get back to that but at 71 and all the aches and pains of age I don't know if I will but would be nice.
All the quilts are really nice! I actually like the one with the panel and I don't usually do panels.
Home Sewn By Us said…
Hi Cheree! Your porch looks SO inviting. I just want to pull up a pillow and a cuppa for a chat. WOWEE! Look at you, with you daily average steps above 16,000!!! You go girl. You are an inspiration to all of us, my friend. The shop hop looks like it was very successful and inspirational. I can absolutely see you making that new pumpkin pattern. And the plaid pumpkin runner? How cute is that? Some of your real pumpkins are huge!! I hope you get to enjoy a bit more golf. We never know when that will end for the year. {{Hugs}} a bunch and thanks again for the walking mojo! ~smile~ Roseanne
You might have to back off a few rounds of golf so that you can get your Monster Mash finished on time. Nice porch.
piecefulwendy said…
The shop hop looks like it was a fun outing for the day - love the pumpkin quilt! Your front porch looks great! Some of those pumpkins are huge! I'm pretty impressed with your golf and steps, could you walk a few more for me? Haha
Rose said…
I really like the shop hop quilt but I would also put the border all the way around.
Kate said…
Congrats on all the steps, that's an accomplishment. Hope we all have more nice autumn weather to enjoy, winter will come too soon. Love all your pumpkins on the porch.