Tuesday To-Do #25

Welcome to another edition of Tuesday To-Do,
a link-up hosted by Texas Quilt Gal for us quilters
who like a little extra motivation to get things done!


Alright, who's with me?  Has anyone else started?
Yesterday I ran down to the basement freezer to grab
some chicken for dinner and got a little sidetracked,
coming up with my arms completely full of fall decor.
  YAY!
 <picture arm-flailing Kermit the Frog>
Um....but no chicken.
I would say "BOO!"--nice fall word that it is--but this
little faux pas just gave me an extra opportunity
to bring more yummy autumn goodness up.
And yes, I remembered the chicken that time.
So YAY all around!

Overall, I've had a great week, just not in the areas I'd
planned on--kinda like like planning out dinner but
finding myself immersed in oak leaves and pumpkins.
 On top of that, something has thrown me for
a big loop so that set my quilty world back a bit.
(Nothing bad, just one of life's twists--maybe.)
But such is the way of things, I think, for most of us. 
Quilting often takes the back seat,
and I get to it when I get to it.
And I get to it most of the time so I can't complain.

Well hey, first up I actually got an extra post in for once!
<insert Kermit again>
There were a few questions about my organizer last week
I'd love for you to check that one out to see if there's
anything helpful for you--or from you for me.

And now for the to-do's:
1) Work on photos and listings for quilts
DONE!
All quilts up and running listed!

2) Make a list and post about upcoming projects;
plan fabrics, fill out project worksheets, etc.

3) Finish Pumpkin top & name it
Progress, just not quite done.


stalled a bit to put more thought into how to finish.
Multiple borders would look great but...
I don't really want it to get too big.


I focus on borders one at a time so I started off by
taking advantage of some extra green pieces to make
leaf blocks for each corner of the first border in...
the background ivory?  One of the golds?  Deep red?
And once I get a look at that, I might decide that's it.

Naming it?  Still nothing other than the phrase
pumpkin patch but eh, lame.  As I mentioned last
time, I'm still falling asleep blessedly fast
by focusing on name possibilities.
HA!  I'll take that any day!

4) Work on Get On Board Blog Hop runner and post


Progress made but I'm still struggling to fit this in.
It needs to be a priority from here on out.

Other news:
My shoulder is done with PT visits!  I just need to
keep up the physical therapy myself.

My back allowed me to get in two very easy rounds 
of golf this past weekend.  I'm still a little shocked
about this.  I was told to be very patient but I was
just going insane with pain and lack of progress.
And then suddenly, things just eased up and I found
myself golfing.  I guess I also started focusing on other
things (like my quilt listings, etc) instead of moping
around, going "woe is me" and time finally flew by.
All I know is that I feel I'm back among the living.
And much less grumpy!
(Nothing like injuries to make you grateful for your health!)

Looking to next week:

1) Finish photos and listings for quilts.

2) Finish blog hop project and write up tutorial

3) Work on "virtual trunk show" with the photos.


Here's a sneak peak that might also give you some
early fall feels.  (But perhaps not that early!  September
is just around the corner!)  Note the pumpkins quilted in.


I was really just playing around with lighting on this one
so I didn't give much thought to the pool and lounge chairs
in the background but I really like it.  Hoping to retake this
one soon--I need to re-shoot another quilt anyway--with
a background that looks more fall-ish!

4) Continue the planning on upcoming projects
and write up post.

5) Finish Pumpkin top & name it

Bring on those finishes.
Sure I'm really excited for fall, aka my "quilt season,"
but there are other exciting things going on as well.


It will take some careful planning--and determination.
But with my organizer out and open at all times,
I'll just keep checking tasks off as I go, one day
at a time, right?  And we'll see how many are
checked off when we meet again next week!

Right now I'm wondering what I can, er,
 find in the freezer for dinner?
<wink>


Happy quilting!

Comments

Linda said…
Haha sounds like me going into a room and getting distracted and NOT getting what I went in there for - I do that every day. Melisa at Pinker n Punkin Quilting is talking about fall decor too - I'm in! I'm glad you had progress pain-wise and with golfing last week - good news. Your pumpkin quilt is just so pretty, as well as that one in your photo shoot.
Thank you for sharing with us at To Do Tuesday!
Vicki in MN said…
Yep I sometimes get distracted in the basement and forget what I originally went down to get! I too have been dreaming of getting out the fall decor, I wait until Sept 1st. In the meantime I get to use some of the fall decor for photo props:) I got a lot of listings done this week too but still have 3 quilt listings to finish. Enjoy your week.
Anne-Marie said…
Your quilts and fall decor look great! I'm not ready for fall, but looks like Mother Nature is. Leaves are already turning here.
piecefulwendy said…
No fall decor out yet, but thinking about it. Your quilt photos look great! No name suggestions for the quilt, but I'm sure you'll come up with something. I need to go back and catch up on your posts - I think I missed a few!
I just love your pumpkin quilt - the colors are wonderful! We're enjoying a very cool morning here - a hint of fall - so I could say I'm ready for it. So glad you got to play a little golf this week, and glad that your back is better. Those injuries are definitely frustrating! Have a great week, Chered!
Kathryn T said…
I do love Autumn although we will be going into Spring. But they are my favourite colours and I love your pumpkin quilt. I love making a list for everyday and ticking them off as I go. Makes me satisfied.
I am on board with the fall decorating. Your pumpkin quilt is looking fabulous . Love the colors in it. Have a great week.
chrisknits said…
I try organizers, but I just don't keep up with them. I used to use a notebook calendar, but end up just using a free coupon wall calendar our city sends out. LOL!
Love the not calling it pumpkin patch quilt!!
Sharon - IN said…
I'm so easily distracted! But I'm not decorating for Fall just yet. Sometimes naming a quilt takes a bit of pondering. This popped in my head for yours, what do you think of "Blue Moon Pumpkins"?
You have graduated from PT! Take care now, must be fun to be back to golfing!
Enjoyed your post! Especially about distractions. Others distract me a lot and it is always at a time when I am deeply involved in working on a quilt idea, or on a difficult quilt. ME - yup when I start a quilt and I find myself easily distracted from working on it, then it is time to give up on the quilt. Learned that the last couple of years. This year I am very disciplined NOW that I have learned how to at least minimize my “distractions”.

I think a nice Saw Tooth border on your Pumpkin quilt would be pretty - goes with the points on the leaves!

Glad to hear that you are doing well with your shoulder and golfing and that your back is getting better !!! Keep on with the goals and before you know it you will be starting new ones! Hugs