2021 TTD #39: Thanksgiving Edition


As busy as things have been, I thought I'd miss most
of the fall around here but it is almost December and
the colors are just now starting to dull and blow away.
I'm convinced this has been the prettiest and the most
drawn-out fall we've had in a long time.  And at the risk
of being a wee bit mushy, I know that when we're all
sitting around that Thanksgiving dinner table here in
a couple days, the blessings I'll be thinking of will be as
colorful and numerous as all the leaves we've enjoyed
these last months.  Many of them have kept us hopping
but I wouldn't change a thing.

I have some basic holiday cleaning done and a simple
but classic menu planned.  I haven't done anything
special in the table decor department--yet?  Right now,
it doesn't seem to matter much.  A cozy and welcoming
home with everyone in it is enough.
Anything else is just a bonus.
(Does anyone else out there need to hear this?)

Before I check out for the rest of the week to enjoy
this holiday, I'm joining the others over at the
to share just one bit of progress:


Hudson Valley Palisades top is finally completed.
It's loaded and ready to be quilted (and it'll probably
stay that way till after the holiday) but I think it
measures something like 71x71?

As for the rest of my list...well, clearly I'm in a
no-pressure kind of mood so it's all showing
up again on next week's list.

*Choose J's quilt fabrics--visit LQS
*Bind and label G's quilt
*Quilt Hudson Valley Palisades

In other news, one son will be home late this evening
and the cadet will be home tomorrow night.
Yay!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family
and happy thankful, colorful quilting!

Comments

piecefulwendy said…
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Cheree! I hope you enjoy lots of love and laughter (I know you will) and maybe sneak in a few rounds, too.
I have to agree that although I love Thanksgiving, and am blessed to have plenty, being with family is the best part. Have a great week, Cheree, and Happy Thanksgiving!
grammajudyb said…
This year I too am satisfied with enough! We are together with part of our family. We have many blessings! No worries regarding table decorations or holiday pretties! I would if at home, but this year we are in our son’s home. Together !
I am in love with your Hudson Valley quilt - is there a pattern, or didn't you design it - it is beautiful! Hugs
Sharon - IN said…
I do love the fall colors in your Hudson Valley quilt. We will be squeezing 12 people around our kitchen table this year for Thanksgiving. We gave my daughter our dining room table, fits well in her 120 year old farm house - but she is refinishing floors. Maybe next year she will host. Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving to you! The leaves have been spectacular here too. I agree that keeping it simple is best. Better to save your energy and keeping the focus on spending time with your family.
Home Sewn By Us said…
Hi Cheree! I hope this message finds you enjoying both of your sons safely home for the holiday. Enjoy! Happy Thanksgiving. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne
Vicki in MN said…
Happy Turkey Day!!! Enjoy your weekend.
Kate said…
Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy having both of your guys home for the holiday. Happy stitching when you get to it.
Needledmom said…
Happy Thanksgiving, Cheree. I’m sure your celebration will be perfect in every way. Just having the family gather is celebration enough for us.
chrisknits said…
Since August and September were filled with scary episodes for us, I didn't even try to get all my fall decor out of the attic. I did change our my quilts/table toppers, but nothing else. But now I am ready to get the Christmas decor out!!! Hope you enjoyed the Holiday!
Linda said…
I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful! Your front porch looks so inviting. Yes in the end not much matters except being together (and eating!)
Thanks for joining in with To Do Tuesday!