2021 Tuesday To-Do #30

Hello and welcome to another Tuesday To-Do
link-up with Chris Knits.  

I got a little busy with some housework and
a dinner last week so the only quilt progress
I made was on my Fall Churn project.
 (I'll come up with a name soon.  Thinking...)


I completed the remaining blocks and added
a good portion of the sashing. 
(The pattern I'm following is shown here.)
Next came a lot of cutting and piecing--basically,
much to-do but nothing to show for it...yet.


I really wanted something to show so I hit the sewing
room last night and with QA watching my every move,
I got one of borders completed.
(I rarely sew at night anymore but I sure used to!)


A night pic taken directly under a light so the fabrics
look pretty bright but this is my teaser.
Stay tuned!


I've had another sale so my  Autumn Shimmer quilt
is heading to New York.  They have such beautiful
autumns up there so the fabrics in this quilt should
be perfect for their fall decor.


This might be my favorite backing ever.


I will miss it but I'm also happy it will be put to use.
I can't wait to hear how she likes it in person!

We missed seeing that New York autumn last year
but we're heading up soon to see it, and the cadet
of course--can't wait!  Taking the in-laws even!
But meanwhile, I have GOT to get more quilts listed!
Where does the time go?  Really?!
My digressing doesn't help...

So, on the list for next week are the repeat offenders
and my current fall project, which is likely to end up on
Etsy.  Actually, all three of my projects are set for that.

Repeat Offenders

  

Both the Positively Fearless and West Point #2 are
still just waiting on quilting.  If I would just buckle
down, I could knock those out in a couple days.
But the churn quilt has my full attention


This will grow quickly and I should have lots
to show next time.  Because it's just so fun!
Fall colors! 
Meanwhile, keep an eye on my Instagram for updates.

Happy quilting!

Comments

piecefulwendy said…
Oh the quilt you sold is a beauty, and it will be perfect for a New York fall season! I'm liking how those churn blocks and that chain(?) is coming out! Looks like you had a little help in your sewing room!

The churn dash quilt looks like it's going to be beautiful! I love those fall colors. Your kitty inspector even matches the quilt! Congratulations on your quilt sale, too.
Home Sewn By Us said…
Hi Cheree! Hmmm. Fall Churn. Makes me think of leaves swirling about . . . and those colors definitely lead us down that path, too. Well, QA was certainly a wonderful helper! I hope where your assistance watches you from doesn't impede the thread too much! Congrats on the sale of AS. Do you ever have trouble giving them up, even though you know you can't keep everything you make? Yay to being able to see the glorious colors this year - and especially your cadet!! That's the best thing ever! I have issues making time for listing on Etsy - good photos are definitely my downfall. Good luck with your list this week! ~smile~ Roseanne
Sharon Kwilter said…
Such lovely quilts. Love those fall colors.
Linda said…
Yay on the sale! Oh that's a pretty fall quilt! Love your QA. ;) LOL at "repeat offenders".
Love the colors for the churn dash.