Finished!

This morning, as this is being posted, the
class of 2023 cadets have already begun their
12-mile hike back to West Point.
"March Back"
Their six weeks of BEAST are done!
I think it's pretty appropriate that DS's
quilt is now done, too.  I'm guessing my
6 weeks was a lot easier than his!

I've decided to call this "From BEAST to Butter Bars".

63 X 78

All cadets graduate West Point with the rank of
Second Lieutenant, receiving a gold bar pin on
each shoulder.  These are known as the "butter bars".
(I don't have a pic but I did piece two gold
"bars" into the black backing of the quilt.)


Another quilt completed.
Happy quilting!

Comments

Debbie said…
Really special! And it looks grand too. Your journey has just mirrored your sons on this quilt, it seems. The story is so great a memory too.
Joyful Quilter said…
It turned out beautiful! What a great quilt and memento for your son.
Yes, I agree that your 6 weeks were easier than his. Nice quilt!!!