Earth-Shattering Weekend Fun and Flying Geese Quilt

We had a very full holiday weekend here.
A beautiful evening of fine dining and the opera
with wonderful friends, a football game, 2 bbq's, a brunch,
lots of time in the pool and, oh, waking up to a
very long-lasting and record-breaking earthquake.
The epicenter was about 100 miles south of us
where it registered 5.6.  These are not normal
for this area but they've been occurring quite a bit
over the last 5 or 10 years.

But on to quilting...


I did finally finish the center of my flying geese quilt.
I'm a little disappointed at how small it is so I will definitely
be adding as much size as I can in the two borders.  

Though everything else lined up just fine, the sashing was just
not coming out as straight (vertically, from row to row) as I'd like.
As ripping isn't my favorite thing, I grabbed my ruler
and marking pen and gave myself some points to line up.
It's such a simple step that takes no time at all.


I'm struggling with finding two good border fabrics from my stash
so this may have to get put aside till the shop hop,
though I was really wanting to get this one done sooner.

Just yesterday I saw 6 geese flying low over.
Nothing like a full migration but they're coming!

Comments

Debbie said…
Full weekend and a quilt top of geese too......you must sew like a racecar driver...lol.