22 February 2012

Quilted Spiral Notebook Cover

It does seem to me a little silly to spend so
much on that "perfect" journal when it's really
what you write in it that makes it special. 
However, I am just as much a sucker for a
beautiful writing book as the next person.
Guilty!



Recently, I found myself looking at a large
selection of journals...yet, nothing looked special.
Nothing appeared inspiring.
 (I know--as if a special book is all it will take to create/write great things!).


So, I did what any crafter does when 
she can't find what she wants. 
I made it.  


The quilted cover protects and hides a simple
10-cent spiral notebook. 
Ponytail holder/button combo keeps
everything tightly inside.


Pockets on each "sleeve" can hold pens,
extra papers, pictures, receipts, etc.
This first one is pretty simple...
but it has me thinking.















7 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Yup, looks great! I will need to get something sorted out for my Sewing Summit and Fat Quarterly Retreat journals, but they're ages away yet (who bets it's a week before the FQ one before I remember again?!)

Debbie said...

Very cute fabric...you scored another hit!

Sherry said...

That is so pretty. You are so right, when a crafter can't find something - She makes it! So funny!
Just followed you :)
Would love a follow back.
Sherry's Bees Nest

Gmama Jane said...

I love your notebook and when I see your Bible open next to it, I learn a lot more about you as a person! I am now following you and like what I see!! I'm even following you via email that way I won't forget. I only do that for those blogs I know I will read on a regular basis. BTW, it seems we have a love of snow. Where do you live? I am originally from West Virginia where I had lots of snow growing up. I now live in Alabama, the heart of Dixie, where even a snowflake causes dire panic. I am so in love of snow and miss it SEW much!! Enjoy some snow for me when you have it.
Blessings
Gmama Jane

Julie said...

I am inviting you come and be part of my blog hop:
http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/02/stuffed-green-peppers-show-your-stuff.html

Brittany said...

LOVE this! Just beautiful!

Toodie said...

Great idea! Beautiful, reuseable, and has a pocket. Can't wait to see what you're thinking of next.

I really enjoy your comments (I do my best to respond to every one) and Followers are the greatest! Please stop in for a visit, let me know your thoughts and feel free to follow away!



Total Pageviews