When Life Gives You Scraps...

I'm so happy to have made a dent in my scrap basket!
(I don't know if you can tell but it's a huge basket.) 
Before
(packed in very tightly)

After
(very loosely packed--I've been digging in it!)

Now I can almost dig thru it without scraps falling
out everywhere!  It's certainly not empty BUT
I'm still working hard at it!

In between my other projects, I've been working at
getting caught up on the Fat Quarter Stars quilt
or, in my case, just Scrappy Stars.

I decided I wouldn't be uber-picky about my points
meeting but it hasn't been too much of an issue.
Of course my hubby comes in and checks it over.

"I like that one...and the points [he starts studying it]
are...almost perfect.  Yep."  Maybe I shouldn't
have taught him so much about quilting...
Just kidding.  I always value his opinion.
Anyway, for this, "almost" will be good enough.
(not that big on this one but oh well...)

Well, three down, four more to go to get caught up.
And they are completely from scraps...so far.
This quilt-along started back in late September
and finishes in late March.

I've also cut up quite a few "coins" so I hope to get
started on that quilt soon, too.

All of these quilts are for the
Free Motion Quilting Challenge .
I'll have some catching up to do, there, too.

My sock class begins this Saturday so I need
to find some time to practice my knitting-in-the-round 
again.  I have a beret in mind, which is also
a Christmas gift.  Yes, I really am starting early!


monogram

Comments

Loving your star blocks Cheree - all your points are perfect!!
Katy Cameron said…
Well done on conquering those scraps (well, some of them at least ;o) ) Have fun at your class!