Completed and Delivered


So that the "college quilt," as I'm starting to refer to it, could hitch a ride up to Cate this morning, I stayed up till 2 am to complete it.  Yes, I'm still yawning, especially because I didn't get to sleep in on this beautiful Labor Day. 


No, the quilting is not my best work but I was going for completion here!  And at 2 am!  (And then I went to bed to dream of a long-arm quilting machine...)  Still, I enjoyed trying out quilting in the Loopy Flowers pattern that I came across just the other day.   I can't wait to do this one again when I'm not so rushed. 



Next up, I think I'm going to put this little guy together (unless the cool weather draws me to the Halloween one I've started).  Obviously, I made it from scraps of Cate's--keeping the objective in focus here!  Yay me!  Not even sure what I'm going to do with it but I'm going to enjoy completing it with a coffee beside me (at a safe distance, of course), at my leisure and really doing my best.  Isn't that how it's supposed to be?

I'm thinking of donating it for a fund-raiser coming up at our church, but I know that Cate has her eye on this one, too.  Personally, I'd be getting a little too much of the color scheme, wouldn't you?   And just how many quilts does one need up at college? 

Comments